John Terry

Farlz

On 01/10/2020 at 06:49, Demitri_C said:

I think JT is doing a lot more than we realise.

I do too.....and i thought that, last season too.

Dean knows who he wants around him.....and the present coaches are there for a Good reason....the mood in the camp looks very happy, but at the same time, business like.

the structure looks meaningful and galvanised.

• Like 1

I have always liked this guy......sure he has courted controvesy, with his indiscretions.....but he has always been a winner.

even when he was at Chelsea, i admired his application and drive, despite me being a Villa fan.

I never thought we would have such a high profile player in our ranks at the time, he was a coup in my eyes.....it is also to his credit how he has dovetailed with Dean, even though SB brought him in......He seems comfortable with us and for me, i am entirely comfortable with him.

I am not convinced, he wants to be a manager, i could be wrong, but he can stay with us for as long as he wants, in my eyes.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

I have always liked this guy......sure he has courted controvesy, with his indiscretions, I wasn't expecting anyone, from the temperance society.....but he has always been a winner.....I like winners.

even when he was at Chelsea, i admired his application and drive, despite me being a Villa fan.....his approach always caught my eye.

I never thought we would have such a high profile player in our ranks at the time, he was a coup in my eyes.....it is also to his credit how he has dovetailed with Dean, even though SB brought him in......He seems comfortable with us and for me, i am entirely comfortable with him.

I am not convinced, he wants to be a manager, i could be wrong, but he can stay with us for as long as he wants, in my eyes.

3 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

“That which does not kill us, makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

*end of lesson 

philosophy plato GIF

Plato's allegory of the cave, Wittgenstein's logic of language and now Nietzsche. Are you currently undertaking a philosophy course during COVID restrictions? 😂 As long as you don't weave in Satre and tell us that football is absurd when cultural prejudice and habitual normality is removed....

Which philosopher is most closely related to John Terry's philosophy do you reckon?

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have always liked this guy......sure he has courted controvesy, with his indiscretions.....but he has always been a winner.

even when he was at Chelsea, i admired his application and drive, despite me being a Villa fan.

I am coming to this view. If he really wanted to start his career in management I am sure he could have got a championship club this summer. Lampard and Gerrard only did a season or so of youth coaching before they moved to management. Having played at the top level for 20 odd years perhaps he doesn't really fancy the pressures of management and would rather have a nice worklife balance. Can't blame him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Plato's allegory of the cave, Wittgenstein's logic of language and now Nietzsche. Are you currently undertaking a philosophy course during COVID restrictions? 😂 As long as you don't weave in Satre and tell us that football is absurd when cultural prejudice and habitual normality is removed....

Which philosopher is most closely related to John Terry's philosophy do you reckon?

Philosophy graduate with an MA (Hons) in 2003, Nietzsche still evident but i'm more leaning towards Taoism or Alan Watts these days!

"But the attitude of faith is to let go, and become open to truth, whatever it might turn out to be." - A. Watts

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Philosophy graduate with an MA (Hons) in 2003, Nietzsche still evident but i'm more leaning towards Taoism or Alan Watts these days!

"But the attitude of faith is to let go, and become open to truth, whatever it might turn out to be." - A. Watts

Didn't Albert Camus play as a goalie?

The Plague is quite relevant for 2020.

37 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Socrates when he played for Brazil. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have a feeling someone might come in for JT this season. 

He only has to look at Frank Lampard Ole , Thierry Henry,To see that it might be in his best interest to develop a bit more before jumping in, 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I have a feeling someone might come in for JT this season. I suspect he will want to give management a go now as he has alot of experience now as no 2

I don't know. I think Terry just wants to play golf and spend time with his kids. Not saying he doesn't work or anything but you have to imagine being a manager full time is very hectic and would cut severely into his current lifestyle. He wouldn't be able to pop down to Chelsea to have a chat that sort of thing. 

1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

He only has to look at Frank Lampard Ole , Thierry Henry,To see that it might be in his best interest to develop a bit more before jumping in, 

Yeah i agree. If i was him i would stick around he is undee no pressure here and developing nicely 

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

I don't know. I think Terry just wants to play golf and spend time with his kids. Not saying he doesn't work or anything but you have to imagine being a manager full time is very hectic and would cut severely into his current lifestyle. He wouldn't be able to pop down to Chelsea to have a chat that sort of thing. 

Yeah i agree with all that. When your a manager that all changes. You dont sleep much either.  Id rather be a no 2 than a no1 thats for sure

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

from what I have heard, he works very ,very hard and does longish hours.....some just do not want the pressure.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

from what I have heard, he works very ,very hard and does longish hours.....some just do not want the pressure.

I've heard the same.  And that he is really liked and respected by the squad.  I think he has been a huge positive influence on Jack as well.

JT is pure and simply a winner.  Sure, he likes the ladies but you can't knock him for that.

I'm sure he is enjoying the positive project at Villa and, from what I understand, he is being pretty well paid for doing a bit of coaching!

Why rush to be in the firing line.  He is still young in Manager terms as well.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I've heard the same.  And that he is really liked and respected by the squad.  I think he has been a huge positive influence on Jack as well.

JT is pure and simply a winner.  Sure, he likes the ladies but you can't knock him for that.

I'm sure he is enjoying the positive project at Villa and, from what I understand, he is being pretty well paid for doing a bit of coaching!

Why rush to be in the firing line.  He is still young in Manager terms as well.

If you go down that road, football is not for you,( not you personally Barry) because you would fall out with most of them.......Footballers have always been a magnet for the ladies too.

I used to go out with Andy Gray in the day and believe me (our group)we had our unfair share......until I met my present day wife of 44 years.

Its been a topic since the year dot at every club......sure he did wrong, haven't many of us .....as they say a standing dodah has no conscience.

Â