John Terry

Farlz

55 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

If Crouchy can end up with an attractive leggy blonde former model then it would appear that most footballers are ladies' men!

Crouch was once asked, “What would you be if you weren’t a footballer?” His answer was, “A virgin“. 🤣

• Haha 4

During recent games I think I’ve seen Dean and JT talking a lot more. They seem to chat a lot as they walk off the pitch. They could be talking about the weather or JT could be saying, “See that lineswoman Dean? I’ve had her.” Either way they seem to be much more connected now, whereas previously I used to feel that JT looked like an outsider  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Think we should give John Terry some credit today. 3 clean sheets in our first 4 games is a huge turnaround from last season.

He took some stick last season, but his hard work is now beginning to pay off.

The problem for us fans is, we don't see the work going in, so we don't know its being done and how long it takes to reap the rewards.

I guess we need to be more trusting, but until you see it like now, is hard to quantify.

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

During recent games I think I’ve seen Dean and JT talking a lot more. They seem to chat a lot as they walk off the pitch. They could be talking about the weather or JT could be saying, “See that lineswoman Dean? I’ve had her.” Either way they seem to be much more connected now, whereas previously I used to feel that JT looked like an outsider  

you have a vivid imagination Dave.....it could get you to see inside of courtrooms.😀

albeit,I guess JT would see the funny side.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

you have a vivid imagination Dave.....it could get you to see inside of courtrooms.😀

albeit,I guess JT would see the funny side.

Sorry I should have finished the sentence. JT said, “See that lineswoman Dean, I’ve had her to teach the U18s about the offside rule.” 

I’m really not sure what you thought I was trying to say....?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Sorry I should have finished the sentence. JT said, “See that lineswoman Dean, I’ve had her to teach the U18s about the offside rule.” 

I’m really not sure what you thought I was trying to say....?

nor me.

there, we've put that to bed, phew!!!!......( as i wipe my sweaty  brow)

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 1

Konsa seems to be developing a knack of getting into good scoring positions. It is actually a really important trait in all good sides - defenders being able to chip in with goals at set pieces.

I remember when we had Laursen in particular where winning a corner was better than winning a penalty. 

• Like 1

Impressive from JT

Old cabbage head scored about 80 league goals but most were before the formation of the Premier League. Over 100 in all competitions

Didn't Ronald Koeman score a mental amount for a defender? Better record than a lot of strikers! 

• Like 1

On 19/10/2020 at 17:44, TRO said:

The problem for us fans is, we don't see the work going in, so we don't know its being done and how long it takes to reap the rewards.

I guess we need to be more trusting, but until you see it like now, is hard to quantify.

I think we just all underestimated the effort in settling a new player. I remember John McGinn talking about his first 6 months and how he didnt who to pass to, which run a team mate would make, where they wanted the ball. 

Multiply that by 12 new players, a few different languages and an elite level of competition and I think their lies the problem.

Were now seeing reward from a reasonably familiar team with some quality enhancements.

• Like 3

Â