John Terry

Farlz

The rumour is that John Gregory is going to be Rooney's assistant.

Being bottom of the table I would have thought they'd be going for someone with more experience than Terry or Rooney, especially with the new owners.

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Being bottom of the table I would have thought they'd be going for someone with more experience than Terry or Rooney, especially with the new owners.

Better off having Gregory as the manager and Rooney as the assistant.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Better off having Gregory as the manager and Rooney as the assistant.

Thata what i was about to say. Gregory has been out of football at this level though for a long time. God knows how that will turn out

• Like 1

14 hours ago, useless said:

Never going to happen. He has hardly managed for years and I fail to see how he has any relationship with Rooney off the pitch.

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah that's my thinking on Terry too

I'm sure it was during the arsenal vs villa game but it might have been the Saturday night game, they showed David moyes in the stand by himself and talked about what's he doing there, will be the same for the likes of tonight when there are international games, managers travelling to watch night games, I imagine Terry is sat with his wife and kids 

I agree - just that I do expect him to go. I'd be surprised if he chose the 'easier' route. He was such a competitor throughout his career and has often spoken about wanting to manage himself. I think this will be his last season, and he's been a thoroughly great addition (so thanks Bruce). I really credit him (along with Jedinak, Whelan, Chester) with helping instil a better culture in that dressing room. It was rotten, even under Di Matteo. 

I'll wish him the best in his next opportunity when he does go.

21 hours ago, useless said:

John Percy now saying that Terry's 'in the frame' for the Derby job, along with Rooney and Steve Cooper.

He might as well win the Premier League title with us first and then find a manager job in the summer.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Back in the press today about a comment to Anton Ferdinand.  Isn't this ancient history? 

its tantamount to digging up graves.....must be no news around.lol

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Carlton Cole has brought it back up, must have a book to plug

Was an interview with stoppage time TV

It sounds fishy that's for sure, Terry had an investigation by the FA and the law and Cole didn't say a word, now years later struggling for relevance on an unheard of website he throws that out? Nah not for me

If it is true then he should have done more about it at the time 

Carlton Cole may be telling the truth or may be full of it, but I do think that most clubs would think twice before appointing Terry as manager. His murky racism accusation would definitely generate negative headlines and coverage in this age of BLM, taking the knee and the FA diversity code. I know he has held the coaching role at villa without any issues, but there is a different level of scrutiny and expectation in the top job...as Greg Clarke found our recently.

I notice Malkay Mackay has struggled for work recently...I wonder if that is the same issue.

• 2 weeks later...

BBC are showing a documentary next week on Anton Ferdinand and racism in football. I think Terry will be centre stage of a media storm for the weekend. 

Apparently he turned down the opportunity to be in it

I’ve just read an article about the tv doc. Apparently Ferdinand said he didn’t want the doc to centre around him vs Terry but given JTs profile in the game I think it is inevitable.

I wonder how the black Villa players feel about it, particularly Mings who has been (quite rightly) very vocal about racism issues and went on the BLM March. 

If Derby were looking at hiring him, would it put them off? It’s also not great for us given the announcement yesterday that we top the table for reports of fan abuse, albeit 13 incidents. 

It maybe an uncomfortable few days at BMH. Or may be not, maybe he’ll just ride out the storm and move on again. Who knows?

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’ve just read an article about the tv doc. Apparently Ferdinand said he didn’t want the doc to centre around him vs Terry but given JTs profile in the game I think it is inevitable.

I wonder how the black Villa players feel about it, particularly Mings who has been (quite rightly) very vocal about racism issues and went on the BLM March. 

If Derby were looking at hiring him, would it put them off? It’s also not great for us given the announcement yesterday that we top the table for reports of fan abuse, albeit 13 incidents. 

It maybe an uncomfortable few days at BMH. Or may be not, maybe he’ll just ride out the storm and move on again. Who knows?

What did he do exactly?

4 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

They'll all be playing at the same time as it's aired so that's one way of Terry at least avoiding it.

IIRC FA found him guility but the court case didn't.

Â