John Terry

Farlz

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Konsa seems to be developing a knack of getting into good scoring positions. It is actually a really important trait in all good sides - defenders being able to chip in with goals at set pieces.

I remember when we had Laursen in particular where winning a corner was better than winning a penalty. 

I’m sure many years ago I heard one of our CBs, it could have been Ken McNaught or Allan Evans, who said he always looked to get 10 goals in a season. We haven’t had a striker score that many recently! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Konsa seems to be developing a knack of getting into good scoring positions. It is actually a really important trait in all good sides - defenders being able to chip in with goals at set pieces.

I remember when we had Laursen in particular where winning a corner was better than winning a penalty. 

Allan Evans was pretty good too.....Dave beat me to it.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’m sure many years ago I heard one of our CBs, it could have been Ken McNaught or Allan Evans, who said he always looked to get 10 goals in a season. We haven’t had a striker score that many recently! 

I think Evans was top scorer when we went down. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, dubbs said:

I see Derby have sacked Cocu and JT has been linked to the job.   Hope he stays around but he'll have seen how Lampard has done and want to get in on the action i fear. 

Just hoping Wayne Rooney's Derby County has learn their lesson and go for someone for experience, not another big name ex player (not saying JT won't cut it because who knows)

With the form we are in it would be a shame to lose JT

7 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Wayne is favourite for the job.

I agree but I'm really not too sure if he has what it takes to be a manager. It will be very interesting to watch.

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Rooney named interim headcoach

Would be a weird one if Rooney was then pushed aside for Terry, it would surely be the end of Rooney there 

He'll get it for the rest of the season. If he's a success (which he won't be) he'll get appointed full time.  If not they can say it was only an interim measure, get someone else in and nobody loses face. 

I'm pretty sure Terry will be off after this season unless he genuinely likes only being an assistant and getting on with the rest of his life. 

• Like 1

Yeah that's my thinking on Terry too

I'm sure it was during the arsenal vs villa game but it might have been the Saturday night game, they showed David moyes in the stand by himself and talked about what's he doing there, will be the same for the likes of tonight when there are international games, managers travelling to watch night games, I imagine Terry is sat with his wife and kids 

15 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Is it Michael Gove?

don't be silly.....Dominic Cummings is out of a job....and knows how to piss the opposition off...( well everybody if it comes to that)lol.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Rooney named interim headcoach

Would be a weird one if Rooney was then pushed aside for Terry, it would surely be the end of Rooney there 

Its a great gig.....they can only go one way....( can't they?)

Â