John Terry

Farlz

36 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Shame, I really liked him. I think his attitude will be a big big loss. Hope he comes back every now and then, and wish him well.

Next !

absolutely right.

I loved him, will always remember him with fond memories.

Next!

and lets get that position right, its crucial.

• Like 2

Superb signing, in his first few games he looked past it but didn't put much wrong otherwise. Agree that his best work was off the pitch and my opinion of him has totally changed in the past 12 months.

• Like 2

Wish him all the best, probably had just as much influence on the pitch as off it.

Shame he couldn’t stay on in a coaching role but I imagine there will be something lined up for him at Chelsea.

Regardless of what we think we know about Terry as a person, as a professional footballer he cannot be questioned. Excellent attitude and his influence will be missed in the dressing room. Good luck JT, you've done more in 12 months than a lot of others have managed in many years.

• Like 1

Such a shame. Would have gone down as a club legend (to a point) had he captained us to promotion. As it is he will be merely a footnote. Sums the last 20 years of the club up really, close to achieving something time and again yet ultimately fail to do so.

• Like 1

I was totally against Villa signing John Terry because I felt he would spend most of his time injured. How wrong was I. Contributed far more than I thought he ever would.

However he struggled badly in the playoff final and it was clear to me at least that this would be his last season as a player in the top flight even if Villa had managed to beat Fulham. No way could he have coped in the Premier League now.

I really don’t think Villa will miss him as much as some may think particularly if Chester is retained. Chester for me has been the best centre back in the Championship this season and will have learnt how to organise a defence from Terry even if that defence consists of younger players next season.

If Chester is sold however then with both Terry and Chester gone the younger players will have to step up quickly.

• Like 1

Proved me wrong, I honestly thought would be another Lescott and glad to be proved wrong.

Expect Samba to go too so thats 2 centre halfs needed to just make up 3 ?

Absolutely gutted. I imagine another year was too much for him, no matter how fit and dedicated you are it takes it out of you. Can't imagine how much he has had to manage his body this year. I think he is of the mindset that he has unfinished business and the money wouldn't have been as important. He just can't play 3 times a week. Every week.

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Absolutely gutted. I imagine another year was too much for him, no matter how fit and dedicated you are it takes it out of you. Can't imagine how much he has had to manage his body this year. I think he is of the mindset that he has unfinished business and the money wouldn't have been as important. He just can't play 3 times a week. Every week.

We couldn’t afford him next season anyway  but I think as a player he will hang up his boots now 

Time to move this to other football? Along with all the loan players going back

So was selling Nathan Baker with potentially 10 more years of service to fund one year of Terry worth it? 

Â