John Terry

Farlz

I wish him all the best. I was sceptical when he came but his professionalism on the pitch and leadership was all to see. He has helped make Villa a real team again even though we came short of promotion. Just so gutted that he couldn't raise the team one more time on Saturday.

I suspect a move to somewhere warm and well paid?

• Like 2

I'd like to see Terry stay but would be more sensible to have him in a coaching capacity; that way, we can keep his influence around the club but not have to pay him huge wages. If we are to bring youth through, it would be hugely beneficial to have Terry looking after them.

I actually think he looked a bit ropey on Sat and might be doubting his ability to do it over a full season next year. Having him in a coaching capacity also suits his own ambitions

Edited by Pimlico_Villa
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I'd like to see Terry stay but would be more sensible to have him in a coaching capacity; that way, we can keep his influence around the club but not have to pay him huge wages. If we are to bring youth through, it would be hugely beneficial to have Terry looking after them.

I actually think he looked a bit ropey on Sat and might be doubting his ability to do it over a full season next year. Having him in a coaching capacity also suits his own ambitions

Would be very harsh to replace any of our other coaches after the season the younger lads have just had 

8 hours ago, Pimlico_Villa said:

I have been a bit doubtful of him since his injury.....but I love the guy and what he has done before his injury.

I think its the right ending.....just wished we could have got over the line with him.

Where is he going to go? He was solid for us this season, but I don't think he can cut in the premier league for a full season. He barely handled the championship.

I'd imagine MLS or China, but at least in terms of the MLS, they aren't throwing silly money at players anymore if they actually contribute as one of the best in the league. China is a huge shift for Terry as well. 

I guess it depends what he wants in life. He can get another season with us, get paid decently, and continue living his normal life, or he can move abroad, makes loads, but have a much different type of life. 

15 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Where is he going to go? He was solid for us this season, but I don't think he can cut in the premier league for a full season. He barely handled the championship.

I'd imagine MLS or China, but at least in terms of the MLS, they aren't throwing silly money at players anymore if they actually contribute as one of the best in the league. China is a huge shift for Terry as well. 

I guess it depends what he wants in life. He can get another season with us, get paid decently, and continue living his normal life, or he can move abroad, makes loads, but have a much different type of life. 

I think he will quit playing and go into coaching - I don’t think he has the will to play abroad and doesn’t need  the family upheaval - he certainly doesn’t need the cash either 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

One last time:-

"1,2,3,4 

Terry's on Tinder 

He messaging your sister ! "

Who needs £60k a week with a chant like that ringing out ? 

singing that in that little underground bit as the smoke bomb went off was the highlight of the day.

unreal. UTV

2 minutes ago, spiezels said:

singing that in that little underground bit as the smoke bomb went off was the highlight of the day.

unreal. UTV

Hey ! I was right there when that happened - I was the 55 year old trying to look like a thug ! 

(that was the best part of the day quite correct !) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

Hey ! I was right there when that happened - I was the 55 year old trying to look like a thug ! 

(that was the best part of the day quite correct !) 

Haha! YES!

well, if you saw the lad with the smoke bomb bouncing through, that was me. 

My bro got an amazing video of it.

Goes OFF

Edited by spiezels

Aston Villa can confirm the club will part company with John Terry.

We would like to place on record our most sincere thanks for the effort and professionalism he showed with us last season. 

John is a true leader and was everything and more that we hoped.  Hugely popular and influential in the dressing room, he played a real captain’s role in creating the incredible bond the players shared with our supporters, and vice-versa.

We hope he looks back on his time with Villa fondly and we wish him the very best as his career moves forward.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/05/30/club-statement-john-terry-leaves-aston-villa

Edited by Farlz

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Shame, I really liked him. I think his attitude will be a big big loss. Hope he comes back every now and then, and wish him well.

Next !

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Can only thank him for the past season, pleased I got to see him in a Villa shirt. Best of luck with whatever he does next. 

Echo these comments. We now need to work out a solution at this position that is nearly as good, but far cheaper. 

• Like 1

Â