John Terry

Farlz

10 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

there are plenty of players that we've let go and said "they aren't that great anyway" and it's been true...JT is not one of them in my opinion and will, on the contrary, be quite a loss

Chester was the better defender all season. It all seem s abit "So long and thanks for all the cash!" to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, romavillan said:

Chester was the better defender all season. It all seem s abit "So long and thanks for all the cash!" to me.

Had to piss myself watching people call him a "Villa Legend" without a season even over lol.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Had to piss myself watching people call him a "Villa Legend" without a season even over lol.

Lol, same here, he's just a very very good pro, I expected nothing less, but let's not forget, Chester was miles ahead of him as a player and will be the bigger loss if he leaves.

• Like 3

Very nice words from JT. Players like Snodders, Johnstone and him could have done a good job for us next season and will be much missed but it seems finances come before footballing reasons at the club now when it comes to who we have to let go. It's a sorry situation for our club to be in.

Sad to see him go, maybe he wasn’t quite up to his previous high standards from his Chelsea days but was still a very good player for us. I think time understandably has started to catch up with him.

I will be thankful for him and Snodgrass for the part they played in turning around the atmosphere at the club. There was a massive disconnect between the Fans and Squad at the start of the season, but much more togetherness was shown at the end of the season.

Hopefully the professionalism he has shown during his time here has rubbed off on the rest of the squad and stays with them, professionalism is something some of the longer term senior players have severely lacked over the years.

Edited by NeilS
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, villakram said:

Good riddance, despicable human.

No more short term thinking at Villa Park please.

Remember the abuse Tonev received for his similar outburst when playing for Celtic ?

And now get on all this sentimental nonsense. The sheer hypocrisy is mind blowing. 

• Like 1

According to a crappy paper claiming an ‘exclusive’, he’s set to take a huge pay cut from his 60k/week here to join Derby for a year to link back up with Lampard. 

I’d be a bit gutted to see us facing him next season. 

39 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Sad to see him go, maybe he wasn’t quite up to his previous high standards from his Chelsea days but was still a very good player for us. I think time understandably has started to catch up with him.

I will be thankful for him and Snodgrass for the part they played in turning around the atmosphere at the club. There was a massive disconnect between the Fans and Squad at the start of the season, but much more togetherness was shown at the end of the season.

Hopefully the professionalism he has shown during his time here has rubbed off on the rest of the squad and stays with them, professionalism is something some of the longer term senior players have severely lacked over the years.

Good post and one I agree with.

for me, despite loving Johns time with us for all sorts of reasons......I want to get back to signing a centre half that dominates in the air and promotes initiative through out the team a Ugo or Laursen......I think John Terry has been a fine, fine player, but for me now he is more like a sweeper.

He has gone now and we have to move on......We have to sign a dominant centre half.

Edited by TRO

I posted I think on FB just before his injury that our slow defence was sucking in the midfield and blunting our attack. We lose 3-1 away to Norwich he gets injured then

1-0 wins at home to Cardiff Leeds and 4-0 away to Ipswich. 

Unpopular but I actually think we may have done better without him

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

According to a crappy paper claiming an ‘exclusive’, he’s set to take a huge pay cut from his 60k/week here to join Derby for a year to link back up with Lampard. 

I’d be a bit gutted to see us facing him next season. 

We can't afford him.....he is free to pursue his career.

we need to move on.....it was sweet, while it lasted.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I posted I think on FB just before his injury that our slow defence was sucking in the midfield and blunting our attack. We lose 3-1 away to Norwich he gets injured then

1-0 wins at home to Cardiff Leeds and 4-0 away to Ipswich. 

Unpopular but I actually think we may have done better without him

I wouldn't go that far, but I think somethings are the right thing to do overall,but don't give you want you wanted in your main objective.

I think you are on to something, nevertheless.....but the season is still raw.....the sentiment is still alive and fresh.

for me we had a fundamental problem of surrendering initiative too easily in too many games.....you can draw you own conclusions how that manifested itself.

We need to put that right, next season and i think big money, is not necessary to fix it....its just getting the right players.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

A mate mentioned yesterday that he wanted to stay but we couldn't afford him. No idea where he got the info from but a little depressing if true

It's probably come off the milkman as we owe him 6 weeks now. 

5 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

A mate mentioned yesterday that he wanted to stay but we couldn't afford him. No idea where he got the info from but a little depressing if true

I’d imagine it will be true - Bruce expressed his disappointment we were not able to keep him - certainly seems villas decision and no surprise considering the wages involved . 

‘If JT does go to derby I think he will get a warm reception back here next season and rightly so .

Edited by Eastie

6 hours ago, Eastie said:

I’d imagine it will be true - Bruce expressed his disappointment we were not able to keep him - certainly seems villas decision and no surprise considering the wages involved . 

‘If JT does go to derby I think he will get a warm reception back here next season and rightly so .

Any idiot that boos terry isn't a villa fan. He has been a outstanding leader and captain for us. Am sad to see him go but underatand the club's position.

I have a wierd feeling terry will manage us one day.

Â