John Terry

Farlz

if its true the clubs in the brown .. if he was on 60k a week & we offer him 40k..thats 2m a season.. so does that mean villa have less than 2m to buy a replacement of equal stature on & off the field?

Seems a lot of press reports suggesting JT has taken a substantial drop in last seasons wages to join derby county - good luck to him and he will get a warm welcome at villa park next season if he plays . 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Xela said:

Huge loss for us. Not just on the pitch but off it as well.

Off the pitch yes but on the pitch I don't think so. He was good last season but clearing declining and this was shown up in the playoff final where he was ripped apart. I'd imagine he'd be a lot less capable at this level next season. Father time has finished him IMO.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Off the pitch yes but on the pitch I don't think so. He was good last season but clearing declining and this was shown up in the playoff final where he was ripped apart. I'd imagine he'd be a lot less capable at this level next season. Father time has finished him IMO.

Yes I thought the Fulham game showed his weaknesses now - I’m surprised he didn’t join lampard in a coaching or assistant role 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The goal was huttons fault, not Terry I think.

That said, there have been times where Terry has been put down, leading to chances etc.

He'd still be good enough next season.

think people re going on the chance later in the game when Kamara I think just blitzed past him

against the shitter teams he would be OK

33 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The goal was huttons fault, not Terry I think.

That said, there have been times where Terry has been put down, leading to chances etc.

He'd still be good enough next season.

They were caught square.....not for the first time either.....albert played a part too.

but John is the captain, organising the defence.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I totally agree and it pains me to admit it, because i love the guy.

but its time up imo.....I noticed the marked difference after his injury.

We need a centre half with dominating capabilities particularly in the air ....end of.

lets just move on.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Apparently signing for Derby and with reduced wages!

if he Loved Villa as much as he said, might aswell have stayed here, especially if he was willing to accept reduced wages. If he does sign and doesnt make the statement that he cant stomach facing AVFC, then he's dead to me ?

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Good luck to him. He will be 38 and I can't see him bring on anything less than 50k a week which makes you question where woukd derby get the money from?

I read it might be as little as £30k p/w

2 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'd be shocked if this happened. Makes no sense whatsoever.

It makes a lot of sense - reuniting with his old pal Frank Lampard. Wonder if we even offered him a reduced deal?

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If be stunned if that's true. Cant see that at all mate

Why not? The opportunity to play with his old mate Lampard, with a view to a potential future coaching role would make sense. 30k a week for a 38 year old in the Championship is huge money. If he was motivated by an even bigger pay packet in the US for example, then he would never have signed for us in the first place. 

Good luck to him. A massive loss, and for me, the reason we made the play offs last season. Without him we would have been a fair few places lower. 

3 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Why not? The opportunity to play with his old mate Lampard, with a view to a potential future coaching role would make sense. 30k a week for a 38 year old in the Championship is huge money. If he was motivated by an even bigger pay packet in the US for example, then he would never have signed for us in the first place. 

Good luck to him. A massive loss, and for me, the reason we made the play offs last season. Without him we would have been a fair few places lower. 

I think if it was 30k a week we would have kept him. That isn't huge around. That would have just been a contract extension. I see it when  i believe it

Â