Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

1 hour ago, guyavfc said:

Hernandez's contract expires in 2018.

I have just looked online and transfermarket says you are correct and his contract expires in 2018. I seem to remember it being reported last summer when we showed an interest that he was entering the last year of his contract, but that doesn't appear to be the case.

My wishlist would be

Outs

Gollini

SJ

Bunn

Hutton

Richards

Elphick

Gardner

Kozak

Gaby

McC

Ins and remaining Squad

GK Pickford & Stokes GK (?)

RB - Bree RDL

LB - Taylor Amavi

CB Chester Baker Jedi + Youth players

DM Barry Jedi

CF Lansbury Hourihane Thor (last chance) Lyden & YP

RW Adomah + New Signing Routlige anyone?

LW Green Amavi

AM Grealish Bacuna (last chance)

ST Kodjia Hogan RHM

& a new Mana.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, striker said:

Spoke to an Everton mate of mine who agreed with me that Barry is now incredibly slow. I'm not sure that I'd want to rely on Barry and Jedinak as Villa's DMs for next season. Neither would be able to play two games per week over a Championship season.

What Villa need imo is a much younger version of both players to play most of next season with Jedinak as back up. 

Gareth Barry hasn't had to run since about 2009 to be fair. He will not be coming back here this summer, he still has a bit to give at PL level.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, striker said:

Spoke to an Everton mate of mine who agreed with me that Barry is now incredibly slow. I'm not sure that I'd want to rely on Barry and Jedinak as Villa's DMs for next season. Neither would be able to play two games per week over a Championship season.

What Villa need imo is a much younger version of both players to play most of next season with Jedinak as back up. 

Jedinak as centre back when Baker inevitably hits his head on something? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, striker said:

A CM pairing of Jedi and Barry would be less than ideal IMO, can't really see it working tbh although it might fit if we are to continue with the current sit deep counter football.

who knows, they might both be at a point where they are OK with playing 20 something games each per season so they could alternate. Thou they are nothing alike other than both being slow.

12 hours ago, sne said:

A CM pairing of Jedi and Barry would be less than ideal IMO, can't really see it working tbh although it might fit if we are to continue with the current sit deep counter football.

who knows, they might both be at a point where they are OK with playing 20 something games each per season so they could alternate. Thou they are nothing alike other than both being slow.

I agree.  I'm not sure a job share is particularly efficient financially either, I'd rather we identified a younger version of Jedinak.  I'm pretty confident Bruce can find that kind of player fairly easily and not too expensive.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

not saying its realistic but maybe a cheeky loan bid for Butland, he has come off long term surgery and maybe Stoke might want to loan him out to get back to full fitness

When? The window is closed now.

Butland will be straight back in the Stoke goal in August. Will probably get a few games end of the season once they're safe.

19 hours ago, striker said:

Now? That's been the case since 1997

• Like 1

I think new striker will be a young kid from a premier league club on a season long loan.

SB has always done that at previous clubs. Bendtner (SHA), Welbeck (Sunderland) and Chuba Akpom (Hull) are three examples. Also ties in with him saying he hadn't really had a chance to explore the loan market so far with us.

I think it would make sense aswell given the established two will be expecting to play all the time so have a developing player as back up.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think new striker will be a young kid from a premier league club on a season long loan.

SB has always done that at previous clubs. Bendtner (SHA), Welbeck (Sunderland) and Chuba Akpom (Hull) are three examples. Also ties in with him saying he hadn't really had a chance to explore the loan market so far with us.

I think it would make sense aswell given the established two will be expecting to play all the time so have a developing player as back up.

I think Hepburn-Murphy can fill that void

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Is he still injured? I wouldn't be against loaning him out first half of next season.

Both rhm and agbonlahor are back training and ready for Bruce to use over the next two matches (Andre green too)

• Like 1