Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

On 4/6/2017 at 20:39, alreadyexists said:

Pedant alert: A light year is a measure of distance and not time... no one cares though obv.

Correct....but it seemed to fit:)

• Like 2

I think we will target the following as our main areas to improve,

GK

LW

CM

Striker

Anything on top of that I think will be to replace players that leave that we don't actually wish to sell.

As for the ones we do, well there are a few it would be lovely to see if the wage bill like Gabby and Micah but highly unlikely to happen. But we have been a whole lot better at moving players on under Wyness and co than we were under the last lot of clowns.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

GK

LW

CM

Striker

Anything on top of that I think will be to replace players that leave that we don't actually wish to sell.

As for the ones we do, well there are a few it would be lovely to see if the wage bill like Gabby and Micah but highly unlikely to happen. But we have been a whole lot better at moving players on under Wyness and co than we were under the last lot of clowns.

I still think a new CB as well... 

In terms of departures if we can offload Gil, Veretout, Sanchez, Amavi and McCormack as well I'll be delighted. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

GK

LW

CM

Striker

Trent (and anyone else who cares to answer me) do you think a clean sweep is best in terms of getting rid of those loaned out at the moment (Gil, Sanchez, Veretout, etc.)? Or do you think there's a benefit in keeping any of them? Are they all lost causes?

Edited by alreadyexists

56 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Trent (and anyone else who cares to answer me) do you think a clean sweep is best in terms of getting rid of those loaned out at the moment (Gil, Sanchez, Veretout, etc.)? Or do you think there's a benefit in keeping any of them? Are they all lost causes?

Personally I'd get rid. Don't think they want to be here or offer enough anyway.

On another note I'm sure I read somewhere (can't find link now), that Bruce has said 3/4 in, 8/9 out.

So out I'm thinking:

Gil

Sanchez

Veretout

Bunn

Elphick

Grealish maybe?

Not sure who else

• Like 1

If Sanchez was to return we would have 2 players in him and Jedi who could alternate in DCM and also if need be as CB cover. Both have played there this season.

Think this would have been a good solution for us but I can't see it happening for various reasons.

Mainly that I think Sanchez will remain in Italy.

9 minutes ago, sne said:

If Sanchez was to return we would have 2 players in him and Jedi who could alternate in DCM and also if need be as CB cover. Both have played there this season.

Think this would have been a good solution for us but I can't see it happening for various reasons.

Mainly that I think Sanchez will remain in Italy.

Didn't Sanchez have a clause that would trigger his permanent move to Italy once a number of games had been played? He must have hit that now

22 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We really need another DM

Look how we folded this season when Jedinak was injured

I've said it before but Cattermole...

Bruce has signed him twice before and he may be available if they drop.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Didn't Sanchez have a clause that would trigger his permanent move to Italy once a number of games had been played? He must have hit that now

I've read that too, no idea if it's true.

Wonder if we could tempt Tom Ince of Derby don't go up themselves. Pit of pace.. 12 goals 6 assists. Add a bit of something to our go forward.

We need a new CB if we don't play on Jedinak playing there. Also need a new DM as Jedinak can't play every game and if injured..  new goalkeeper. 4 I would bring in.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KSV said:

Wonder if we could tempt Tom Ince of Derby don't go up themselves. Pit of pace.. 12 goals 6 assists. Add a bit of something to our go forward.

We need a new CB if we don't play on Jedinak playing there. Also need a new DM as Jedinak can't play every game and if injured..  new goalkeeper. 4 I would bring in.

Always liked Ince, reminds me a bit of Young back in the day. He'd have to be a 433 player though