Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

14 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

An aging professional with a touch of class that we can bring on to either see games out, or provide that bit of magic for 30 minutes.
What's Patrik Berger up to nowadays?

Hanging out with Pires and Ginola and spending the pensions they topped up at Villa.

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

What's Patrik Berger up to nowadays?

He's injured. I should state that I know nothing of Patrik Berger or his whereabouts but I am 100% confident that's he's injured, as always.

• Like 3

I liked the look of Pritchard on Saturday but he would cost a fair bit and would face competition for a starting place from Hourihane and Lansbury. The same would be the case with Abraham if we went for him on loan with Kodjia and Hogan already in place but the more the merrier? 

I also think we need to look seriously at the situation with players who are on loan abroad because they don't want to play for us. At the moment they are getting what they want without us getting anything in terms of a transfer fee for them. I trust that Bruce will look at that come the summer.    

If they don't want to come back and play, they'll be sold - likely "on the cheap" unless there's significant demand.  I don't think it's a major issue to be honest.

Pritchard is a great little midfielder but Norwich signed him for, what, £9m recently?  He'd be way too expensive right now.

On 4/3/2017 at 09:42, Adbo9 said:

I really don't see the Amavi love in at all............ if he really was a potential "£20M left back" then he wouldn't be struggling to get in what is a mid table division 2 team............. Amavi is bang average at best, no way will we get that kind of money for him, if we can recoup our outlay that's all well get............

I don't quite get it either.

a bit nondescript for me.

Edited by TRO

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 17:20, Demitri_C said:

What happens if a 30m bid comes from one of the relegated clubs for kodj or a premier league club though? Probably won't happen but if it does could completely change things 

would not be surprised to be honest... although the amount would be subjective

I think we could do with a Jedi back up, maybe not necessarily a replacement but an understudy. I thought Tshibola could be that, but that doesn't look likely now. I don't know of anyone else we could get in for that role.

24 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Its going to be very hard to replace him, an understudy could takes years of training. Do you know how long it takes to become a Jedi? 

You don't just pick up that Jedi knack overnight

• Like 3

On 4/5/2017 at 09:39, alreadyexists said:

I think we could do with a Jedi back up, maybe not necessarily a replacement but an understudy. I thought Tshibola could be that, but that doesn't look likely now. I don't know of anyone else we could get in for that role.

The attitude between those 2 would represent the Grand Canyon.

Jed is a warrior.......Tshibola a loafer.

• Like 3

On 4/5/2017 at 09:56, Villan_of_oz said:

Its going to be very hard to replace him, an understudy could takes years of training. Do you know how long it takes to become a Jedi? 

Light years:)

• Like 3