Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I would like us to either be going for wonderkids, top class older heads with PL/European top League experience, or Ideally something in between, exceptional players who have the ability to grow and improve with us into PL players.

Wonderkids and top class experienced players? Seriously? :/

We need to be sensible in the transfer window and not go hell for leather, changing the whole squad again. 

we need a little shrewdness and bring in players of the ilk of Chester who was not fancied at West Brom but clearly competent.

there must be players at prem clubs itching to play but not given a chance. 

• Like 4

Just now, theboyangel said:

We need to be sensible in the transfer window and not go hell for leather, changing the whole squad again. 

we need a little shrewdness and bring in players of the ilk of Chester who was not fancied at West Brom but clearly competent.

there must be players at prem clubs itching to play but not given a chance. 

Important also that we get the two loans right - Bruce has good contacts 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Important also that we get the two loans right - Bruce has good contacts 

Mainly important, for me, that we don't rock the boat too much. This team doesn't need much adding to it at all. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can we get Ashley Young back please?

He'll be 32 at the start of next season, he'll be going into his final year of the contract and he can play down the left hand side. I think he's gettable and exactly what we need.

I think there will be other premier clubs ahead of us for him if he moves on .

We don't need to spend massively to get the squad even more ready for a promotion push next season. More of the January type signings (Hourihane and Lansbury) who were key players at this level for their former clubs with their contracts were running down. Those are the deals we should be looking for this summer to reduce financial risk and increase chances of success on the field with players already doing it at this level. Perhaps a loan deal or two as well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

He'll be 32 at the start of next season, he'll be going into his final year of the contract and he can play down the left hand side. I think he's gettable and exactly what we need.

Strikes me as a Watford or West Brom signing. Don't see him dropping into the championship. If anything he'll probably see his Man. United contract out.

• Like 1

Will Hughes for me. Derby have yet again failed in their quest for Premiership football, it's about time he progressed his career and made a step up... which could potentially rule us out.

Exactly the type of player we need giving us options in the middle of the pitch. We are then able to drop Jedinak into CB if this is Bruce's plan and rotate between Hourihane, Lansbury & Hughes.

For me this summer is all about getting some wingers in. Back in the day's of Young & Downing they were our creative outlets and something that has been missing since they departed. Adomah has gone missing in too many games for my liking and the LW position hasn't had a proper left midfielder there all season (bar Green for a couple of games)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Young and Barry would be a dream!

We was linked with his brother Guida Fofana and he was close to joining under Houllier

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4414750/Crystal-Palace-Aston-Villa-track-Guessouma-Fofana.html

Premier League scouts descended upon French second division side Amiens' match with Le Havre on Friday.

Stoke City and Crystal Palace were among those represented who ran the rule over Amiens midfielder Guessouma Fofana during his side's 2-0 win.

Aston Villa and Bournemouth also checked on the 24-year-old, who is valued at £4million.

I'd like 

GK- McGregor

CB- Jansson

LW- McGeady

ST- Bogle

Maybe a couple more players with good character that would add to the squad, depending on how many players are shifted out. 

Just please please please avoid a clearout. I'd take stability over all else this summer. 

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Would love us to get him but I don't think it's very realistic personally.

Barry seems far more likely than Young because Barry clearly has a strong emotional connection to the club. Young was terrific for us but always felt we were just one step in his career. 

Shows how quickly time flies, Young has now been at United longer than he was at the Villa. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss