Transfer Speculation Summer 2017

Villan4Life

29 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

And as I said previously I agree but my original point remains. We aren't talking about a player we own, it's not a case of giving up on him. It's a question of has he done enough for us to try and sign him permanently, personally I don't think so.

I get the bit we don't own him and I get the bit, we have no option, but looking forward, we need a 'keeper.

So in terms of continuity, (not to say that's the be all and end all) but it is well documented by the club, its been a source of our demise......lack of it.

We are now proposing to send him back as per the terms of loan and start all over again with the team having to get used to another ' keeper....when they have got used to him all season idiosyncrasies and all.

having no guarantee the next one will be any better.

Ok.

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Nobody is going to buy Richards.

Why do people still say get rid of Richards and Gabby, no one is going to buy them and they are unlikely to give up their hard earned Villa wages. So unless 'get rid' in the Mafia underworld sense, which I think is a little OTT, then its a pointless discussion. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

I just hope we recruit wisely this summer both with permanent deals and loan signings. 

Also hoping we manage to shed a fair few players too 

I say, this is the very template of good sense. Well said that man. HURRAH!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Why do people still say get rid of Richards and Gabby, no one is going to buy them and they are unlikely to give up their hard earned Villa wages. So unless 'get rid' in the Mafia underworld sense, which I think is a little OTT, then its a pointless discussion. 

I used to live in Kingstanding. I could probably get the job done for a bag of weed and a packet of haribos.

leon-the-professional.jpg

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think we still have issues in the midfield to address. We need a few different options, and ones that will keep Bacuna and Gardner away from the first team.

I'm not even sure the starting midfield of Lansbury, Hourihane and Jedniak properly works. But I tend to think this is a tactical issue...

• Like 2

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm not even sure the starting midfield of Lansbury, Hourihane and Jedniak properly works. But I tend to think this is a tactical issue...

I think it will, but I think Hourihane is taking a long time to settle. Whether that's down to him, the tactics or the people around him I honestly don't know. But I think when that three are up and running they'll be just fine.

I don't think they're a one size fits all solution though, which is why I think we need other options for certain games.

And Gardner and bacuna aren't those options. They offer nothing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, av1 said:

I used to live in Kingstanding. I could probably get the job done for a bag of weed and a packet of haribos.

leon-the-professional.jpg

If I have ever said anything to offend you....I apologise x 100:)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

If I have ever said anything to offend you....I apologise x 100:)

Fear not, I moved out of kingstanding was i was 16 (21 years ago). 

I decided that if i was going to live on a battlefield where people threaten each other with guns that i may aswell get paid for it, so i joined the Army ;)

I have some bad news everyone. I have just scene the trailer the new star wars and there is a line in there, stating 'no more Jedi's'.

I think we may need re think our plans to replace him and maybe focus our attention on an alternative, maybe a Chewbacca would do the job. 

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think it will, but I think Hourihane is taking a long time to settle. Whether that's down to him, the tactics or the people around him I honestly don't know. But I think when that three are up and running they'll be just fine.

I don't think they're a one size fits all solution though, which is why I think we need other options for certain games.

And Gardner and bacuna aren't those options. They offer nothing.

I think Bjarnsson was one of them options and I liked how frequently he seemed to get in the box. Hopefully he will come good next season after injury. 

I absolutely agree on Gardner and Bacuna just not good enough for a promotion chasing team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Fear not, I moved out of kingstanding was i was 16 (21 years ago). 

I decided that if i was going to live on a battlefield where people threaten each other with guns that i may aswell get paid for it, so i joined the Army ;)

I was Born and grew up in Small Heath, so ........I was only joking.:)

Ps it wasn't my fault it was mom & Dad......and he was a villa a fan too;)

Edited by TRO

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39631329 Max Gradel could be leaving Bournemouth. Just what we need on the wing? Issues; high wages, he's 29 and he has not played very much football this season. Plus points; proven at this level and above, can be a travel buddy with Jimmy Danger (you know? YEAH) for Ivory Coast games, would give us more options on the wing where we don't have fantastic depth.

Tricky one to call. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39631329 Max Gradel could be leaving Bournemouth. Just what we need on the wing? Issues; high wages, he's 29 and he has not played very much football this season. Plus points; proven at this level and above, can be a travel buddy with Jimmy Danger (you know? YEAH) for Ivory Coast games, would give us more options on the wing where we don't have fantastic depth.

Tricky one to call. 

Injuries would be the main worry for me here. Didn't he do cruciate and he's struggled since then?