Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

8 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Dont shoot me but I hope he does well for them. Would be good for him, us and the lot down the road. I wont cut off my nose to spite my face.

Good luck Scott.

6 hours ago, SirSteveUK said:

That makes two of us  - hope he scores a lot. Not that we want him back - I just want him to have some success. There I've said it

It’s a no no from me. 

I just can’t have anyone connected with Villa help to improve that lot.

It just goes against the grain.

I hope he carries on being as shit for them as he has been for us, Sheff Utd and Stoke.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Erm, does hogan not realise the stick he will get for just being a villa player!?!?

very seldom do this but i was intrigued at their reaction so popped onto their forum...to say they're not happy would be an understatement

• Like 1

He's reportedly on £40k a week with us and his contract runs until June 2021, so he's going to cost us a lot of money unless he does well enough whilst out on loan that someone wants to buy him. small heath are somehow ten points clear of the relegation and zone, and twelve points off the play-offs, so unless they get another points deduction which has been suggested, then I don't think him doing well for them will make much difference to their season, as they're not coming up, and probably not getting relegated either.

8 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Dont shoot me but I hope he does well for them. Would be good for him, us and the lot down the road. I wont cut off my nose to spite my face.

Good luck Scott.

Agreed, apart from the bit in bold.

I hope Scott scores a hat-trick every single game for them, and every single game ends Blues 3 - 4 (or more) <other team>.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Farlz said:

He really is one of the worst signings we've ever made. Made no sense at all. 

I think it made sense, but it's ended up being terrible.

I don't remember Hogan having any attitude baggage with him (like, say, McCormack) and he was scoring well in a decent Brentford team.  However, he simply hasn't done it here - and £12m (or whatever it was) is a lot of money in the Championship.

I'm surprised Blues have come in for him, though they're desperate for a striker so maybe there's not much risk for them.

He belongs in League 1. Unfortunately some smartarse gave him a huge paycheque, with a big fat bonus when we got promoted. 

This is really a big problem for the club and has been for a while. Buy an earnest enough player; pay slightly above market value for him but then give him a gigantic contract to 'fend off interest' from elsewhere. When it doesn't work out that contract is what prevents other clubs taking a punt on this sort of player. There are so many examples of this in recent villa history, it's unreal:

Hogan, Lansbury, Kalinic

Then further back: Kachloul, Bosko, Gil, Cissokho, RDL, Helenius, Ireland, Kozak, N'Zogbia, Tish

In many ways, I don't mind when we fail on punts like Tonev because their wages are so minimal they can just be put to pasture with another club. These players, though, and other examples, are having their wages inflated and then we end up with dead wood. Then they are inevitably released. 

Am I just imagining that this is a bigger problem at Villa than elsewhere? Are we worse than other clubs at dealing with agents?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Am I just imagining that this is a bigger problem at Villa than elsewhere? Are we worse than other clubs at dealing with agents?

I would hope that the club are using more a more incentive based wage structure in contracts these days rather than just X thousand a week regardless of the team's position in the league or if the player is playing the first team or not. If a player won't sign an incentive based contract then chances are he's not the type of player you want to sign anyway. 

Another short term loan move at a club who will probably just see him as an option and will be in and out. I make that 3 6 month deals on the bounce now, it is not good for anyone.

£40k is a lot of money to walk away from but he really would be best coming to some sort of agreement to tear it up, and getting a 2 or 3 year deal at a club. Someone who will see him as an asset and invest time, effort and resources into getting the best out of him again.

He is not going to get that in these shitty loans, and he will be easily dropped with 2 or 3 games without a goal (which in current form is highly likely)

• Like 1

Oh the uproar on the SHA site is Glorious to see, I've never seen so much protesting at a player going to city as Hogs is getting at the moment.

Knowing our luck he will prob start banging them in at city lol.

• Like 1

Â