Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

I assume this is too good to be true (for us and SH):

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-celtic-ready-to-rescue-villa-striker-from-loan-struggles

Celtic are considering a bid to bring out-of-favour Aston Villa striker Scott Hogan to Parkhead this month, sources have told TEAMtalk.

They want him to replace Scott Sinclair apparently

the office laughing GIF

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Be good for him up there, can start scoring again against some dross and start to add value again!

I wouldn't be so sure about that..

I hope Celtic realise they need to play to his strengths in order for him to start firing again. Otherwise, there is no point signing him. All those intelligent runs need a'servicing, baby. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-celtic-ready-to-rescue-villa-striker-from-loan-struggles

the office laughing GIF

He'd probably be good up there.

And people would be chirping up about how they always knew he was a good player, without realising how appalling the standard is up there.

Sinclair was a world beater up there, and has just signed for Preston

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I wouldn't be so sure about that..

I hope Celtic realise they need to play to his strengths in order for him to start firing again. Otherwise, there is no point signing him. All those intelligent runs need a'servicing, baby. 

The technical wizard Scott Brown will bring about a renaissance in the career of Hogan

Similar to when his uncle Hulk joined the NWO

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He'd probably be good up there.

And people would be chirping up about how they always knew he was a good player, without realising how appalling the standard is up there.

Sinclair was a world beater up there, and has just signed for Preston

It would be interesting to see how he got on up in here in Scotland. However I’d be inclined to use his impact to judge the quality of The Scottish PL rather than Scott Hogan, as he has already set a benchmark for what he’s capable of in The Championship. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Wouldn't score goals in Scotland.

He will get a lot of chances playing for Celtic in that league. Once he gets a bit of confidence back he will be good up there.

If not he needs to give up the game!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nigel said:

He will get a lot of chances playing for Celtic in that league. Once he gets a bit of confidence back he will be good up there.

If not he needs to give up the game!

The standard is atrocious but I really don't see it. He's busted, just looks done as a player to me.

The SPL generally is a graveyard for people trying to reignite their careers, they go in with the wrong mindset, think it will be an easy ride and they get found out. It's a young man's league I believe.
"He'll boss it up there"

They rarely do.

36 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

The standard is atrocious but I really don't see it. He's busted, just looks done as a player to me.

The SPL generally is a graveyard for people trying to reignite their careers, they go in with the wrong mindset, think it will be an easy ride and they get found out. It's a young man's league I believe.
"He'll boss it up there"

They rarely do.

Good argument;  Like we thought we would smash the championship with 'that team'! 

However I raise you Scot Sinclair!

Seriously I cant help but feel the move would be good for him, I suppose the proof will be in the pudding!

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Living in Aberdeen, I've met a few Celtic fans in my time most of whom were complete bell-ends who think they're Barcelona.

As a result my opinion of that club and horrible kit couldn't be any lower.

Can't stand either Old Firm club - it's just sectarian nonsense and bigotry. Would rather the clubs had to fold than join our football league.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Can't stand either Old Firm club - it's just sectarian nonsense and bigotry. Would rather the clubs had to fold than join our football league.

They're absolutely as awful as each other. I'd love to see a day when other clubs overtook them, but fat chance of that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

the office laughing GIF

Hogan is useless but when you consider how Sinclair ripped it up in Scotland it's difficult to predict how Hogan would do up there. 

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Wouldn't score goals in Scotland.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Even Hogan will be prolific in that league

Which is why I found it a little difficult to get excited about the 2 strikers we were linked with from Rangers and Celtic. 

People will always point to guys like McGinn and Robertson but it's so difficult to be confident about anyone playing in Scotland. 

Even the great (by Scottish standards) Ally McCoist looked like a journeyman when he came down south. 

Â