Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

On 14/01/2020 at 15:57, Danishlad said:

Did we really pay 12 mill for him? 

Not that I'm trying to defend his signing, because it is probably one of the worst signings in Villa history.

But no I don't think we did. It was a fee that "could rise to £12m.

I doubt he's met any of the criteria that he would have had to meet to trigger any add ons. 

I guess International cap might have been one of them, but still.

16 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Pity really that you can’t do deals where the fee falls and you get some of your money back if the player fails to live up to expectations.

Edited by briny_ear

56 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Pity really that you can’t do deals where the fee falls and you get some of your money back if the player fails to live up to expectations.

Yes - we would be one of the richest clubs in europe if that were a thing ! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Not that I'm trying to defend his signing, because it is probably one of the worst signings in Villa history.

I doubt he's met any of the criteria that he would have had to meet to trigger any add ons. 

Promotion was probably one as well

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

One is right......we have a catalogue to choose from.

What a mess:

Stoke City manager Michael O’Neill has admitted it’s best for Scott Hogan if the Aston Villa striker moves elsewhere.

Celtic are reportedly interested in signing Hogan this month while it has been reported this weekend that he could leave the Bet365 Stadium on a 'sub-loan' instead of being recalled by Villa then sent elsewhere

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/scott-hogan-stoke-aston-villa-17634225

A sub loan in such circumstances might be the equivalent of coming on as a sub and then being subbed. 

Edited by KevinRichardsonsMoustache
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Celtic could be a good move, go up there bang in some goals and we get a slight fee for him

And then use him as a makeweight for Edouard (plus a little cash!) in the summer. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Celtic could be a good move, go up there bang in some goals and we get a slight fee for him

and as long as there is a clause that says under no circumstances can he EVER come back.

• Haha 1

Â