Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

Not being funny here but why haven't we brought Scott Hogan back yet?

We have now played two games without a centre forward, we possibly go into Saturday again without a centre forward...

We spent £12 million on Hogan, surely we should at least bring him back as a backup in case we again have to play without a striker?!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

We have now played two games without a centre forward, we possibly go into Saturday again without a centre forward...

We spent £12 million on Hogan, surely we should at least bring him back as a backup in case we again have to play without a striker?!

Might not be any recall clause?

17 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

El Ghazi is a better striker than Scott Hogan.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

Because if we did we would still be playing without a striker up front AND be paying 100% of Scott Hogans wages.

The point was more to do with the fact we are a Premier League club in a relegation battle without a recognized striker.

I understand Hogan is awful but he's on our books and we are picking up a % of his wages.

Even if he doesn't play in the PL, competition in training at the minimum is something we could get out of him.

His goals/assists to minutes ratio in the championship since leaving us to go on loan to Sheffield United last season isn't actually that bad, four goals and two assists in under ten games worth of football.

As I said in the other thread, Kodjia or Hogan should be playing (if we can bring him back, which of course might not be possible). I'm all for El Ghazi being tried more centrally, but in reality he isn't good enough at holding the ball up to play up top on his own; he would need to be playing off another striker. 

Hogan is pants, so really Kodjia should be playing, but I'm assuming that there's some reason why he hasn't made the last two matchday squads other than 'illness'. If not Kodjia, then Hogan. I don't think he's any good either, but we're in dire straits. 

12 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

As I said in the other thread, Kodjia or Hogan should be playing (if we can bring him back, which of course might not be possible). I'm all for El Ghazi being tried more centrally, but in reality he isn't good enough at holding the ball up to play up top on his own; he would need to be playing off another striker. 

Hogan is pants, so really Kodjia should be playing, but I'm assuming that there's some reason why he hasn't made the last two matchday squads other than 'illness'. If not Kodjia, then Hogan. I don't think he's any good either, but we're in dire straits. 

Kodijia is lazy and really only plays with his head down. He is actually the most frustrating player to watch because he has ability and can make things happen but he doesn't play for the team at all. I can at least see an argument that Hogan would at least play his role off the ball and we could kick El Ghazi back out wide where he belongs. 

38 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be fair, El Ghazi would still be better than Hogan. Hogan has yet to trap a ball with his back to goal since joining us in 2017.

Â