Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's absolutely in the conversation.

It won't be highlighted by some because the fee wasn't high enough. But 10 odd million in the championship is like spending 40 million in the prem these days.

Given what we've got in return, he's absolutely one of the worst signings we've ever made.

Absolutely. Fairly big wages as well. 

For me he is right up there. McCormack was a head case but there was logic behind it, the guy had been superb in the league for awhile. 

Hogan had one spell of around 30 games that spanned over 2 different seasons. 

It was an absolute panic buy. West ham pulled out and we clearly spent no actual time scouting or planning it, we jumped straight in as we were desperate. Xia and Bruce had convinced us we could go straight up and as it wasn't going to plan, all they saw was he'd scored some goals and maybe could save our season. 

An utter disaster. Still amazed so many fans refused to see it for so long. The amount of times people claimed all he needed was service or that his movement was too clever for the rest of the team was hilarious. 

Rumours he's off to the scum. Would be brilliant. 

I’m not sure we agreed to this. The reports in the previous days were that we were refusing to recall him and Stoke were looking to do a sub loan to get rid. Could make them slightly worse or slightly better. I haven’t watched them play since we beat them last season.

17 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Erm, does hogan not realise the stick he will get for just being a villa player!?!?

Yeah he doesn’t make good career choices (although pay wise I’m sure they were good choices)... leaving a free scoring Brentford side, that suited him to join a Steve Bruce side known for playing a direct style of football (and I’m not saying that this is the only reason he failed here). Then when confidence is at an all time low, he joins a different squad that is also low on confidence. Then just to make things even worse he joins (if this to blues goes ahead) your parent clubs arch rivals where from the offset you’ll receive pelters which is going to keep confidence low

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Dont shoot me but I hope he does well for them. Would be good for him, us and the lot down the road. I wont cut off my nose to spite my face.

Good luck Scott.

That makes two of us  - hope he scores a lot. Not that we want him back - I just want him to have some success. There I've said it

• Like 1

Â