Scott Hogan

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, slowandlow said:

wish we would stop giving them players

i wouldnt give them words removed a cold 

I don't understand.  We haven't given them a player? 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I hope he never scores a single goal at that shit hole.

I hope they lose every game 18-2 between now and the end of the season with Hogan getting the 2 in each. 

The inbreds go down before going out of existence, while we find some mug to buy him for a couple of pound. 

Win win 

Edited by av1

2 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I hope he never scores a single goal at that shit hole.

Nah, like I said earlier.

We want him to score a few. Enough to entice them to buy him.

But still get relegated, and THEN he never scores another goal for them.

32 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

I thought that photo wasn’t legit.

I feel sorry for him. I don’t think he was ever given the skills to succeed as a professional footballer: his form has dipped and he piles on the pounds. He’s put a lot of weight on 

Why though - he is league 1 striker picking up a PL salary.

He has always had that hangdog expression since the day he signed. He looks very comfortable to me being a journeyman,

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I feel sorry for him. 

The excuses made for him by villa fans reached ridiculous levels at some points. I can't think of another play who was so poor yet so defended by a group of fans. 

He just hasn't found a team to play to his strength yet..... 👀

On a serious note though, I feel sorry for him, seems a good guy, just hasn't been happening for him anywhere.

Although we could half claim responsibility for ruining him? Was on fire at Brentford.

On 27/01/2020 at 18:08, DCJonah said:

Absolutely. Fairly big wages as well. 

For me he is right up there. McCormack was a head case but there was logic behind it, the guy had been superb in the league for awhile. 

Hogan had one spell of around 30 games that spanned over 2 different seasons. 

It was an absolute panic buy. West ham pulled out and we clearly spent no actual time scouting or planning it, we jumped straight in as we were desperate. Xia and Bruce had convinced us we could go straight up and as it wasn't going to plan, all they saw was he'd scored some goals and maybe could save our season. 

An utter disaster. Still amazed so many fans refused to see it for so long. The amount of times people claimed all he needed was service or that his movement was too clever for the rest of the team was hilarious. 

Rumours he's off to the scum. Would be brilliant. 

I know, I've genuinely seen Villa fans fighting each other because someone had the audacity to say in a game he'd done nothing but hide from the ball that he wasn't very good (or words to that effect 🙄

14 minutes ago, Stuartc445 said:

I know, I've genuinely seen Villa fans fighting each other because someone had the audacity to say in a game he'd done nothing but hide from the ball that he wasn't very good (or words to that effect 🙄

If people are fighting over a game of football or Scott Hogan for that matter, they seriously need help!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

If people are fighting over a game of football or Scott Hogan for that matter, they seriously need help!

I totally agree, i was using that as an example of how bizarre the section of our support that like Hogan are there has never been a player that a section of fans have backed to ridiculous lengths with little to no reason for it, they've made excuse after excuse for him.  Then when you consider Conor Hourihane only has to have a bad 10 minutes and he gets absolute slammed despite all the good he's done since we signed him.

On 29/01/2020 at 21:22, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Although we could half claim responsibility for ruining him? Was on fire at Brentford.

No

We didn't ruin him. He's not very good. He's had one 30 game spell at Brentford where he was good. It's not like he spent his whole career being good and then was shit when he came here.

Dean Smith deserves credit for getting a purple patch out of a not very good striker while he was at Brentford. It's a shame he couldn't do it twice.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No

We didn't ruin him. He's not very good. He's had one 30 game spell at Brentford where he was good. It's not like he spent his whole career being good and then was shit when he came here.

Dean Smith deserves credit for getting a purple patch out of a not very good striker while he was at Brentford. It's a shame he couldn't do it twice.

The fact he knew he couldn't, shows it was a complete purple patch and speaks volumes about the player. 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

No

He was good at Rochdale in league 1 before he went to Brentford too. 30 game spell at Brentford was basically his entire career at Brentford. Seemed to have suffered some serious injuries back in his first 2 seasons at Brentford which probably explains why he barely played for them back then so its not like he was just shit back during those first 2 seasons with Brentford either.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

Â