Neil Taylor

One For The Road

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

I find it amazing that RB was a priority over a new LB,

Agreed. A new LB would have been the priority for me. Elmo and Freddy is a much better balance than Targett and Taylor.

Mainly because I think Taylor, whilst he seems like a good guy should be playing in the Championship. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I find it amazing that RB was a priority over a new LB, IT just not good enough and MT whilst decent enough and links well with super Jack, he is injury prone.

Can only imagine that the stats men have identified that area as a major leak.

I think Rico Henry would be available for sub 10m and would create good competition for the shirt.

Who knows whether we’re signing a LB too? How to get rid of Taylor though...

We need better competition & cover for Targett for sure. I’d rather play a right back there than Taylor as he is beyond abysmal.

I've got nothing against his defending or persona. In fact I'd say his defending is normally pretty good. But **** me is he clueless when attacking.

Whenever he crosses the midfield he looks completely bewildered. When he just stopped dead in his tracks at the corner of the 16 yard box yesterday, I just thought that summed him up. 

Frustrating beyond belief. 

3 minutes ago, momo said:

Why do people complain when his assist got us back in the game? piss poor support.

Because he's absolutely shite. He's not even good enough for a mid table championship team. He was lost last night any time he had to go forward, summed up by him being shocked jack had managed to play him in for ollie's goal. 

Its not piss poor support. It's just stating facts that he was never good enough for us from the day he was signed. 

Edited by villa89

Just now, villa89 said:

Because he's absolutely shite. He's not even good enough for a mid table championship team. He was lost last night any time he had to go forward summed up by him being shocked jack had managed to play him in for ollie's goal. 

Its not piss poor support. It's just stating facts that he was never good enough for us from the day he was signed. 

Do you guys have to state this each time he plays a good game too? Which he does more often than not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

I find it amazing that RB was a priority over a new LB, IT just not good enough and MT whilst decent enough and links well with super Jack, he is injury prone.

Can only imagine that the stats men have identified that area as a major leak.

I think Rico Henry would be available for sub 10m and would create good competition for the shirt.

It could be that neither was a priority, it's just that Matty Cash became available and was going to move, and he was our first choice RB so we had to get him or lose him.

Our first coice LB maybe isn't available for the right money right now, so we choose to wait and use the same players who we stayed up with last season, and make sure the money is there for a CF, and wingers, which we definitely need.

For me he is definitely a good character to have around the dressing room, but not at the cost of someone who can perform a role on the pitch. He needs to be moved on, I would be very worried about our one dimensional offence if he had to play a part in the league this season.

His assist was all down to Jack, and even then he nearly managed to mess it up.. if only Burton had any defenders left that hadn't got sucked into Grealish's mesmerising skill.

Aside from the assist he was his usual poor self,  destroying attacks before they got going. He did do one decent covering job, but that was against Burton! Against a PL side I feel he's a risk too far, offering nothing going forwards and inviting more attacks against us. 

Wish him well, and agree with those who day he has been a great servant, but he should absolutely be sold, and makes me wonder why they haven't looked for a new LB (assuming of course that one doesn't arrive in the next few weeks).

Don't agree we should play Guilbert at left back over him though, unless he has a history of playing there i don't know about. 

It would be extremely poor from him not delivering from there. Jack gave it to a plate for him.

The thing is, the bar is so incredibly low for him compared to other players so we tend to applaud just basic stuff.

Bit similar to Wesley really. We would praise him alot for getting at the end of a cross. Which again, basic stuff. Watkins does it like it's second nature.

On 16/09/2020 at 15:17, momo said:

Do you guys have to state this each time he plays a good game too? Which he does more often than not.

This.

Its just hyperbole. He was fine last season and even we he played well some found something to moan about. 

Â