Neil Taylor

One For The Road

• 2 weeks later...

Man, hes still got another season after this on his contract.

Even if we get relegated he's not good enough for the championship, double whammy when you see how well Amavi and Enda Stevens are doing

• Sad 1

Just now, Junxs said:

Man, hes still got another season after this on his contract.

Even if we get relegated he's not good enough for the championship, double whammy when you see how well Amavi and Enda Stevens are doing

Not sure how either are really relevant. 

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Not sure how either are really relevant. 

Well he was a direct replacement for Amavi. Whilst Stevens wasn't even given a chance when hes gone on to show he could have been a long term solution at left back, had he been given one. Meaning the need for Taylor being at the club should never have arisen.

9 hours ago, Junxs said:

Well he was a direct replacement for Amavi. Whilst Stevens wasn't even given a chance when hes gone on to show he could have been a long term solution at left back, had he been given one. Meaning the need for Taylor being at the club should never have arisen.

From what I remember Amavi didn't want another season in the championship and the money was needed.

And Stevens was no where near prem level when we signed him. You only have to look at his career progression after us to see he had to work his way up gaining experience. 

On 13/01/2020 at 23:15, dounavilla said:

Would have preferred us to have kept Hutton at left back than Taylor.

Wouldn't even put myself in the position of having that choice of either of them in the first place.

Get rid and bring in better.

On 14/01/2020 at 00:15, dounavilla said:

Would have preferred us to have kept Hutton at left back than Taylor.

I actually said as much this summer. It's a bit of choosing dogshit or cowshit, but we really need better options at both fullbacks. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Taylor's a guest on the latest episode of the Elis James' feast of football podcast. It's an interesting listen if like me you're filling up your working day listening to podcasts.

They mainly talk about his time with Wales and Swansea, but they talk about Villa a lot too. He seems like a top bloke.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/53066380

So often we say that footballers are 'thick' but he's obviously a smart bloke and seems like a good guy. I hope he has a great end to our season (as it's possibly his last) after being a scapegoat so many times over the past couple of years. Hopefully not having the pressure of the crowd there will allow him to express himself and cut out any mistakes.

• Like 1

Â