Neil Taylor

One For The Road

9 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Brilliant assist, looked really funny that he didn't know where the ball was at first when Jack played him through 😄 

So shocked all his instincts abandoned him and he swung a leg at the ball.

Most kids grow up dreaming of scoring in cup finals, some grow up dreaming of scoring a Maradona dribble on the world stage, others grow up hoping to provide a brilliant assist to secure a league title.

Neil Taylor grew up dreaming a play 9 yard diagonals back to his centre back every week.

• Haha 3

The way he looked away from the ball before putting the cross in reminded me of Ronaldinho when he used to those 'no look passes', although before that I was thinking I'd rather just play Guilbert at left-back, good assist though.

58 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

It was a great assist. I am going to re define his seeming confusion to a positive , he reacted very quickly and well.

More of getting into the box please Neil!

Funny you should mention confusion, he wasn't confused, that was his ACTUAL reaction time,  good cross though

• Like 1

Usually you never find a decent review for Taylor right? Guess what dont expect one tonight as well 🤣:

Caught cold early doors when Edwards got the better of him before crossing to find Daniels. Found right-winger Akins a big presence but, going forward, it was the Welshman's ball who found Watkins to equalise.

4 hours ago, useless said:

The way he looked away from the ball before putting the cross in reminded me of Ronaldinho when he used to those 'no look passes', although before that I was thinking I'd rather just play Guilbert at left-back, good assist though.

Surely a better option. I really hope we’re not selling Fred, the fullback we need to shift is Taylor.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

oh why did i come on this thread. i kinda hoped that for all the complaints he has had historically that there would be some praise for getting forward, and getting an assist on his 100th appearance for the club.

i hate the pelters he gets...he didn't do much wrong last night. got an assist and covered brilliantly to save a goal. i think everyone is in agreement that he's probably no longer a PL left back but he's been a great servant, never moaned etc and given his all...such as it is.

I'm with you, as far as I could tell from just watching on the tv, I think he had a decent game last night.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Surely a better option. I really hope we’re not selling Fred, the fullback we need to shift is Taylor.

I find it amazing that RB was a priority over a new LB, IT just not good enough and MT whilst decent enough and links well with super Jack, he is injury prone.

Can only imagine that the stats men have identified that area as a major leak.

I think Rico Henry would be available for sub 10m and would create good competition for the shirt.

• Like 1

Â