Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Thought it was poor by the club to not give him a proper farewell post on their socials.

FFS pipe it up. Do you have to diss the club on every effing thread. 

On topic : glad he played for us cracking signing and definitely helped us get up and stay up as has been mentioned if we signed more like him the season we got relegated we we would have done a better job of staying up.

Wish him all the best hopefully he gets a decent last contract.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jbvilla909 said:

Lacked ability at prem level not effort 

Saw him pull out of way too many challenges and 50/50s to agree RE: effort. I wouldn't say he was particularly lazy, but I felt he lacked courage at times. 

I remember when he was signed people said we signed him because we really wanted James Bree and he wouldn't get in our starting team ahead of Lansbury 

Conor always one for proven people wrong, maybe as a final thank you he will leave one on Bruno Fernandes tonight that would be a perfect farewell 😉

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

He'll never kick a ball for us again but the nature of his move has bagged him an extra year in On Topic.

I commented on this previously. He's said his fairwell to the club. He is only still a vill player by technicality. This should be moved to off topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a good standing round of applause from UTD fans soon as he entered on the pitch. Had about 15 or so mins. I were trying to see him as much as I could but I were working lol.

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It's on the 1874 podcast.

Sorted.

I started listening to it this morning on the drive to drop my daughter at work. He comes across how I remember him, a real top lad, professional and humble. One of my favourite players post relegation. 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Good enough to make them better not good enough to play in the PL for them so will need replacing

Definitely happening

He will be in his late 40s by the time they are back in the PL, so I think he would be too old, rather than not good enough to play for them then. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Will always hold a special place in my heart for his goal against the Albion in the play off semi final. Probably the start of where we are today and I’m forever grateful for that.

For 1.5m, he was very decent value for us.

• Like 3

Â