Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Has to be one of the best value for money signings Villa have ever made, surely.

That goal vs West Brom in the first leg in one of my fonder memories of following Villa. Can't emphasise enough how pivotal a moment it was, which I was slyly watching while having to call into the office that day until that went in and I lost my head.😂 Particularly satisfying for him given the ridiculous stick he got in the same tie just a few months previous.

Shame for him that he just doesn't have the athleticism for the level we're now at and are aspiring to reach, but he can take great pride in playing an important role in getting us there. All the best to him.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Replacement for about the 9th choice midfielder and the lad behind a 37 year old winger/left back in the pecking order?

I'll get my boots.

I love that when players reach a certain age, as if to emphasise a point (usually negative) they add at least a year to their age.... every time. 

I bet Man Utd fans were suggesting Giggs was 47 when being compared to their players at the end of his career. 🤣

33 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If he is 9th choice midfielder t hen why did he play in the cup?

Because of sentimentality?

I think so, which I applaud to be honest. We have a great crop coming through we have a load of injuries currently. He woudn't even make the bench in a few weeks time.

3 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sorry I've missed it.. where's he off to or have we just released him?

he has gone on a 12 month loan to Sheff utd.

He only has 12 months left on his contract, so i guess we have advised him we wont be renewing it.

So once his loan ends, he will eave the club, so wont be coming back.

So he's saying goodbye!

• Like 1

Â