Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 minute ago, weedman said:

Honestly one of my best moments at Villa Park. Seeing that whistle in from the Holte was glorious. Highlights will never show just how tense that game was (both games to be fair) and the absolute relief that this goal brought was immense, I never thought we'd lose from this moment on

Totally agree, absolutely magnificent. 

• 3 weeks later...

Keep on forgetting he's still technically our player given he's been out on loan last two years.

Really hasn't played much at all for Sheffield so not sure where he'll end up, maybe SPL and Celtic might be a good bet.

7 hours ago, turvontour said:

Deary me that penalty. Straight at the keeper who stood still.

Haven't seen many of them, was weird how the keeper didn't dive but then how Hourihane didn't react 

Would have thought he was good enough to shape it better once he saw the keeper was stood still

From what I saw he's the same player as he always was, OK, not as involved as you'd like him to be and then can deliver a left footed ball in to the box as good as anyone in football but he's never in that position for long enough he's back in to the centre lost in the crowd 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Haven't seen many of them, was weird how the keeper didn't dive but then how Hourihane didn't react 

Would have thought he was good enough to shape it better once he saw the keeper was stood still

From what I saw he's the same player as he always was, OK, not as involved as you'd like him to be and then can deliver a left footed ball in to the box as good as anyone in football but he's never in that position for long enough he's back in to the centre lost in the crowd 

Played a great ball in for Gibbs-White to attack toward the end of the match.

The penalty also isn't that bad.  Keeper just did extraordinarily well to not dive and then get a massive hand on it.  It was struck pretty hard.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Played a great ball in for Gibbs-White to attack toward the end of the match.

The penalty also isn't that bad.  Keeper just did extraordinarily well to not dive and then get a massive hand on it.  It was struck pretty hard.

Yeah I agree

That ball to gibbs white was what I was referring to, a top striker gets a toe on that and it ends up in the far corner, it was a brilliant ball but as soon as he comes central in to his natural position his greatest asset is taken away from him to an extent (I say to an extent cos I've not forgotten his pass for the goal in the play off final) 

If you don't hit it right in the corner then there is always a good chance the keeper will save it if they guess the right way so I think it's a poor pen  though the keeper does take a bit of credit too for staying big. 

He scored the one that mattered though 😉

Â