Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, villalad21 said:

It's good luck not goodbye 

It is goodbye. Conor’s contract is up at the end of the season. It’s a case Olof getting him off the wage bill for his final season at the club.

loved having him as a Villa player during his time here. A few fond memories he has left us with. Bargain and helped the club to promotion. Glad he got his crack at playing in the Premier League with us and fulfilled his dream. UTV Conor.

• Like 1

Always wanted Connor to be a success as he seems a top bloke, played his part getting us back to the PL but unfortunately he wasn’t up to the standard needed, wish him all the best for the future.

Sad to see him go but a pure professional. Scored so many big goals for us, the equaliser against the baggies, the resolve to take a penalty and bury it in the second leg. Turned in a good performance last Tuesday when he had to know he was off.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Sounds about right.

Absolutely dreadful for us. Not sure if it was the system that made him look bad, but I'm astounded he's gotten another loan at a team who expect to be pushing for promotion. The 2 set piece goals mean literally that for the entire season, and then twenty games of abysmal set-pieces worse than everyone we already had on them.

Swansea fan on that link :lol:

12 minutes ago, holteend1982 said:

One of my favourite signings we've made, scored some incredible goals and that one against baggies was so important. Hope he smashes at Sheffield United!

Same here. He’s been one of my favourite players since he signed. Conor served well.

He’ll always be welcome back at the Villa in later years.

Thanks for the memories, of which there are many.

None more so than the 20 yard volley against the great unwashed.

If you watched a YouTube reel of his goals for Villa, you’d think he’s an absolute worldbeater, whilst he isn’t that, he has been a fantastic servant to the club and has been a key part of getting us back to where we should be. 

• Like 2

Trez gets a lot of praise for keeping us up in our first season back with his goals against palace and Arsenal.

While this is absolutely fine and I take nothing away from him, I believe Conor deserves as much praise for his goals keeping us up as well, as he scored the winner against Norwich on boxing day, and scored one and assisted one against Newcastle. That's also 6 points to which he played a vital contribution, but as it wasn't towards the back end of the season it gets hardly any notice.

Thanks for everything Conor, all the best for the future!

• Like 3

Â