Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Could he be the annual villa player that moves to Blues?

He doesn’t deserve that. Anyway they could probably only offer him £1.47 and some M&S vouchers a week. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

I think he is really useful in a defensively slanted team in the prem. Because he is the type of player you need to shithouse a couple of wins. He can get maybe 10 goal contributions in a season. Which can be close to 15-20 points over the course of a season as a lower side team. 

I've said constantly Burnley would be type of team where he'd be fine. Really surprised they haven'tt come in for him yet given Lowton and Westwood have turned out to be solid prem players for them and Dyche likes signing domestic players in 5-10m price range and Hourihane wouldn't even cost that much.

31 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Who's the last player we made a profit on? Or even got a fee for the transfer? 

I would guess that the last proper profit was benteke??

9 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Conor is an elite Championship player , I would be surprised if he didnt have any suitors. 

I don't even think he is that tbh.

I think he is a good championship player.

• Like 1

How much should we get for him?  Last year of his contract.  30 years of age.  Championship hit harder than PL by Covid.  Can we get as much as £5m?

Edited by sidcow

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How much should we get for him?  Last year of his contract.  30 years of age.  Championship hit harder than PL by Covid.  Can we get as much as £5m?

Depends if a team see him as the difference between 2nd and 3rd and therefore bank the forecasted PL money and spend it on him, Swansea having him for a full season for example 

I think we could get around £5-8m for him for a promotion hunting team, less than £5m if he only attracts mid table teams 

From what I can gather he wasn't great at Swansea and he's in the last year of his contract, and bearing in mind there's very little money in the championship at the moment, I'd be surprised if we get much more than £3m for him, not that he's not worth more but can't see us getting more because of the circumstances surrounding the situation.

13 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

He doesn’t deserve that. Anyway they could probably only offer him £1.47 and some M&S vouchers a week. 

Really?

Way too extravagant for the scummers. More like those offers at Maccy D's you used to get on the back of a bus ticket.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

From what I can gather he wasn't great at Swansea and he's in the last year of his contract, and bearing in mind there's very little money in the championship at the moment, I'd be surprised if we get much more than £3m for him, not that he's not worth more but can't see us getting more because of the circumstances surrounding the situation.

That would be good value given we only paid £3m for him and he’s 30

Conor would be a good signing for a Championship club, but there are not many that could meet anywhere near 100% of his current wages and even less that would give us a fee. Perhaps one of the relegated clubs or an ambitious club with owners willing to inject some cash. I guess another loan may happen, to a club that are willing to pay a fair amount of his salary, but that clubs should not be the Noses! It is time that we stopped doing them favours and Conor should not have to sully himself by having to put on one of their grim shirts.  

12 minutes ago, John said:

Conor would be a good signing for a Championship club, but there are not many that could meet anywhere near 100% of his current wages and even less that would give us a fee. Perhaps one of the relegated clubs or an ambitious club with owners willing to inject some cash. I guess another loan may happen, to a club that are willing to pay a fair amount of his salary, but that clubs should not be the Noses! It is time that we stopped doing them favours and Conor should not have to sully himself by having to put on one of their grim shirts.  

I think we'd accept a small fee so they can match his wages for the next year, thank him for his contributions on and off the pitch and allow him to go with our best wishes. 

There's no benefit to keeping him if he doesn't make the bench and by all accounts he has been a great person to have in the squad, so I think we'll do what we can to facilitate a move. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I would guess that the last proper profit was benteke??

We signed Westwood for about 2m I think and sold him to Burnley for around 7m so that was pretty decent considering his stock was very low on here after relegation so that was last decent bit of business we did on a sale.

Connor will probably be more 3-4m though, perhaps if Derby actually ever get taken over that might be an option aswell.

Edited by VillaChris

3 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Really?

Way too extravagant for the scummers. More like those offers at Maccy D's you used to get on the back of a bus ticket.

I thought you were going to say in the bathrooms of a bus station. 

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

I would be surprised if we got more than a couple of mil.

The problem though I think, is I can't see a prem team wanting him, and I also can't see a championship club being able to afford his wages, so I assume he will go on loan again or might need to take a pay cut to find a club?

Â