Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

Just now, MotoMkali said:

I think he'll get a move to a very stout club who can use him to shit house some wins. 

He's certainly good enough to get into a promotion chasing team, maybe bottom of the barrel for a premier survival fight.

39 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

He's certainly good enough to get into a promotion chasing team, maybe bottom of the barrel for a premier survival fight.

Definitely the latter, i would have Conor över Ashley Westwood any day

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Zatman said:

For what he gave us for his price, definitely one of our best modern signings. Goals and assists helped us up and after lockdown his assists were valuable 

Definitely a player we profitted from

For sure, one for the success column and I wish him nothing but the best whether he stays or goes.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Never ever ever.

There's a reason Westwood has 250 Premier League apps and Hourihane has 30.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No way. Everyone loves Fbref lately. Westwood better than him in key areas across the board 19/20 season. Westwood underrated for leaving us from worst Villa team in what 30 years?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

No way. Everyone loves Fbref lately. Westwood better than him in key areas across the board 19/20 season. Westwood underrated for leaving us from worst Villa team in what 30 years?

I agree Westwood was always good for us. Excellent passer. We just had awful defences behind him and the attack had Scott sinclair and Gestede in.

Since going to Burnley he has turned himself into a very good defensive player as well. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

"Constantly a goal or assist every 2 games." Last 18 appearances in PL for us 1 goal 3 assists. If you'd said averaged over course of career with us would be different. 

Ollie Watkins got 4 goals in 22 games during a very specific selection of games too.  

Not sure why you're being odd about this.  I'm not suggesting he deserves a place in the XI, I'm merely commenting on how his G&A output is actually quite strong compared to the average Prem midfielder.  

Edited by The Rosk

Conor's been a fantastic servant to the club, helped us get back to where we needed to be and helped to keep us there. I think it's fair to say we have outgrown him now, but he's more than played his part in this last few years. I would like to see him get into a side at the top end of the championship and fire someone into the playoffs/automatic spots. It's definitely within him to do it. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Had heard rumours that he was expecting to return to Swansea but their position in this transfer window is sell-to-buy. Now Cooper has walked too I would imagine that move is dead in the water. Maybe things will start to move quickly now with any other interested parties. 

8 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Just watched that again. Keep him.

Na 😆

We could use him as a makeweight for Championship deals too e.g. Berge or Pereira. Maybe a decent, young CB.

Doesn’t offer enough in general play and we are advancing far beyond his level now… good on him for wanting first team football and I wish him well wherever he goes, would be nice for him to get promoted again…

Regardless, he served us well and played a big part in our recovery and return to the PL. 

25 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Was shocked to see him play weds, forgot he was still here. Surprised no one in championship has come in for him. 

Plenty of time left, has been linked to a few clubs such as Sheff Utd.

Davis too, should be going out on loan to a Championship club soon.

I’m excited to see what kind of enhancements/players we’re looking to bring in and take their places…

My stepfather who’s a baggies fan texted me yesterday asking what he’s like because apparently they are looking at him. 

Not seen him linked to baggies anywhere. 

Â