Conor Hourihane

dont_do_it_doug.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I would be surprised if we got more than a couple of mil.

The problem though I think, is I can't see a prem team wanting him, and I also can't see a championship club being able to afford his wages, so I assume he will go on loan again or might need to take a pay cut to find a club?

Gabby has put two and two together and come up with Newcastle as a vague suggestion of a new club for Connor. I doubt it but it’s not the most far fetched idea. 

19 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I think he will easily get a PL team. Too many managers love a good set piece.

19 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

I’m not so sure, he wasn’t getting into the Swansea starting 11 at the end of the season and so I’d imagine a loan again to a championship club beckons for next season…….or Villa may allow him to leave on a free. I think we’d be doing remarkably well to find a buyer in the championship who could pay both a fee and his salary after the last 18months of lost revenue. I really don’t see a Premier League club coming in for him, it’s just a level too high for him now. 

I have been, very grateful to Conor Hourihane for contributing toward the return of Aston Villa to its present state.....He has given us a clear weapon in the art of converting set pieces in to goals....his contribution has been noteworthy, in us climbing back to respectabilty.

However, in our present state, we need more consistency of play, we need midfielders with intensity, urgency and drive, who show an appetite, to be involved in everything.

Where we are now, there is no room for ball watchers or passengers,(hope I am not being unkind)who rely on moments of play only,during a game.....This game is awash, with players, who are talented players in moments in a game, and fail to stay with the intensity of the game.

We need players, who have a massive appetite to stay in the game and be at the forefront of play....They are not easy to find or secure......but we must be able to distinguish between the two, in order to move forward.

The odd goal from a set piece, the odd Rabona or a reverse pass of brilliance, the odd back heel....is not enough. We now need players who are in the game a lot more.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 4

He played an important role for us and will be remembered fondly but the ambition of the owners means that he’s one of the first popular players that we’ve outgrown.

Hopefully we can get some cash and he gets a move to a good club where he can make a difference.

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If only he had Watkins work rate and combativeness he could be one hell of a player.

He worked hard as hell and was the player who got into a melee the most. Remember he punched klich and grabbed the blues fan. 

The fact is his ball carrying skills deteriorated massively whilst with us and he just couldn't match the pace and physicalilty of the prem game. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

He played an important role for us and will be remembered fondly but the ambition of the owners means that he’s one of the first popular players that we’ve outgrown.

It's a shame. One of my absolute favourite players that I've seen.

10 hours ago, villalad21 said:

If only he had Watkins work rate and combativeness he could be one hell of a player.

If my Auntie had Bollox, she'd be my Uncle.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

On 13/06/2021 at 12:07, TRO said:

If my Auntie had Bollox, she'd be my Uncle.

Instead, she just married one.

Disclaimer: I do not know TRO's auntie or uncle. I'm sure that they are perfectly nice people.

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Instead, she just married one.

Disclaimer: I do not know TRO's auntie or uncle. I'm sure that they are perfectly nice people.

Long Gone....and Buried near you, in Eire.😀

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 12/06/2021 at 22:28, Mr_Dogg said:

How many direct free kicks has he scored last few years or assisted from free kick? I think he scored 1 in PL vs Newcastle. How many goals off corners? JWP scored 4 direct free kicks last season and then 7 others scored 1. Scoring free kick goals is not that highly sought after if all round game isn't good enough

Edited by Kiwivillan

It’s funny… I recall Conor saying something along the lines of Jack is too good for the club and could be doing better…

But in actual case, the club has become too good for the likes of Conor and we are going places…

Nothing against him, I’ve always liked him and he’s given us good service & played a big part in bringing us back up but he’s kind of having to eat those words now 😆

Just glad to see how we have and continue to progress… we are building around and supplementing Jack’s quality and want to compete at the right end of the table…

14 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

You'd wonder if he would make a move to the MLS, a league like that would suit his lack of athleticism. 

You make it sound like the MLS consists of overweight Billy Bobs with Mullets and Budweiser's 🤣

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

13 hours ago, TRO said:

Long Gone....and Buried near you, in Eire.😀

Well in that case, I'm sure they were perfectly nice people.

And as they were Irish I probably know someone who knew them. 😄

• Haha 1

Â