Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

How many games has he played for us? He missed the first 6 games as he didn't sign and then missed 3 over xmas....so he must have a 1 in 2 scoring record.

I know we're not premier league anymore but odd to see a Villa striker with a scoring ratio like that criticised as much as he is.

Yes very odd. Such a shame that this run has come so late as I fear we will loose him in the summer if we don't get promoted.

I know he's not perfect but for where we are he is more than good enough. He absolutely loves being here, gives 100% and scores at a rate of 1 in 2. I don't get the criticism of him. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

How many games has he played for us? He missed the first 6 games as he didn't sign and then missed 3 over xmas....so he must have a 1 in 2 scoring record.

I know we're not premier league anymore but odd to see a Villa striker with a scoring ratio like that criticised as much as he is.

sure some people on here still criticize Benteke time at Villa when he had a better record

• Like 1

He is a level of quality that we have little of at the moment, but I don't think PL sides will come knocking until he goes up (with us) and proves his worth. They would need to pay us £20m and that's too big a risk. 

The bigger question mark is his ability to play alongside Hogan. One day.

12 hours ago, Eastie said:

Could rightly feel aggrieved today that adomah never passed to give him a sitter - he is improving in his team play .

Can't believe Adomah didn't play that ball across. If that was KoJo he would have got pelters. 

He's our most exciting player by a country mile, don't understand the criticism. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Jedinak is excellent at penalties and free kicks, maybe you should do some research....

Just did some quick research myself and from what I found in his career he has scored 12 penalties and missed 0

Didn't realize Jedi was prolific from the spot , I think Lansbury takes pens too - I'd take kodija off them now as he's missed a couple .

• Like 1

Jimmy Danger! 

As has been pointed out, he's learning to be more of a team player and I think he'll get there. He didn't have as many good players or at least players who could score around him before coming here, plus he's got a ton of new teammates to learn to trust and gel with. 

• Like 2

Â