Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

58 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'm in the background with a scarf over me shoulder, which is code for 'masturbate shortly'.

I usually do masturbate shortly......

OH, you didn't mean size?!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I was thinking more Freddie Kanoute.  He's by far the best thing about the club at the mo.

Sweet comparison. Very similar. Extremely frustrating at times but capable of the sublime as well as the routine. He *might* get even better, but even should he not he's comfortably our best player. 

He'll end this season with 20 goals for a midtable championship side, that's with missing a month. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Agreed. But the point a lot of people seem to be missing is that if it wasn't for his imperfections he wouldn't be playing for us in the EFL.

So I'll gladly take him as he is and hope for just a small amount of improvement.

I'll be lumping on him to be top scorer in the league next season.

Agreed. I think he's great where he is and I think he could do a job at PL level... But I probably wouldn't pay £12m plus a PL premium for him.

He'll have to go up with us then eh. 

• Like 1

I've been the biggest champion of this man on here.

I don't get why we keep getting the "can be very frustrating" caveat all the time.

Is it all the goals he scores which are frustrating?

I like his get-up too. Very cool B) 

Edited by NottingVilla
  • Like 3

Love the guy. Couldn't understand any criticism of him. As previously stated, if his decision making was better he wouldn't be playing for us. 

Top guy. Most enjoyable thing about this club. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Love the guy. Couldn't understand any criticism of him. As previously stated, if his decision making was better he wouldn't be playing for us. 

Top guy. Most enjoyable thing about this club. 

The criticism was basically because he's not the best player in the league. Because the goals he scored and the amount of assists people think he should have would make him the best championship player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NottingVilla said:

I don't get why we keep getting the "can be very frustrating" caveat all the time.

Hey look I'm a MASSIVE fan but there are aspects of his game he can work on, mostly awareness. Nothing wrong with wanting him to be even better, I'm sure he wants this too. 

He has improved there mind, in my opinion. He's our best player, as I said.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DCJonah said:

The criticism was basically because he's not the best player in the league. Because the goals he scored and the amount of assists people think he should have would make him the best championship player. 

Nope - the criticism is that he doesn't look to pass the ball. 

Edited by bobzy

Our most complete attacker since Dwight Yorke.

Can play central, out wide, can run with the ball, can shoot with either foot, is useful in the air, got some skill, scores all sorts of goals.

If he'd been playing for decent clubs since he was a teenager instead of since his mid-20s he'd be far too good for us by now.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Could be the first Villa player to score 20 league goals in a  season since when Peter wither in 81? Not bad for a side that has been struggling.

I think we can guarantee this now. 

Still frustrates the hell out of me though. Although so does most of the squad so I guess free scoring more than makes up for it. 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

I think we can guarantee this now. 

Still frustrates the hell out of me though. Although so does most of the squad so I guess free scoring more than makes up for it. 

Given our luck with injuries nothing is a guarantee. Hopefully he does it because its rediculous it has stood so long. Platt got to 19 two season running. the second was remarkable really as he was injured for a chunk of the season and played midfield.

40 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Given our luck with injuries nothing is a guarantee. Hopefully he does it because its rediculous it has stood so long. Platt got to 19 two season running. the second was remarkable really as he was injured for a chunk of the season and played midfield.

David Platt was world class. I know you're not comparing the two, but it needed to be said. 

Â