Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

Penalties should be taken by the best penalty taker.  It's as simple as that.  That's not always the most prolific player in the team (see Baines at Everton).  Now if our best penalty taker is Kodjia then great for him.  If it's not Kodjia, then his goalscoring record is completely immaterial, unless we're attempting to facilitate some personal glory hunt at the expense of the team's fortunes, which I know we're not.  I'm sure Bruce will intervene if and when he feels it necessary.

• Like 2

Penalty was unfortunate, but fine. The keeper knew that Kodjia has a tendency to go bottom right so it would have looked even worse if Kodjia did go there. All great players miss penalties from time to time. Keep Kodjia on penalties for now, but if he isn't confident about it, give it to Jedinak who sinks them regularly for the Aussies. 

• Like 1

Agreed with @BOF whoever is the best should continue with it. Kodjia has missed a couple but he's also scored some, especially the high pressure one at home to Leeds. 

Did lansbury take them at forest? He could be an option as well now. 

Said countless times this season I'm not a fan of Kodjia taking the pens. Even when he was scoring them I thought his run up made it very obvious which corner he'd hit and surprised more keepers weren't reading it.

Would prefer Lansbury or Jedinak to take them...both have shown in the past they're capable. Adomah scored on earlier this season aswell.

He was unlucky with the penalty. Every player is missing lots of penalties nowadays. This is because keepers are always coming off their line and narrowing the angle without the refs pulling them up on it.

Messi has a 'new' technique where he hits them with the outside of his left foot.

I won't have a bad word said against Kodija, he's a good lad and always shows endeavour to make something happen.

The only player worth even close to the fee we paid.  

Edited by NottingVilla

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Jedinak has a decent record from the spot. 

Second this. I dont think ive seen him miss any for Australia and he was always scoring penalties for Palace. No brainer. He is ice cold under pressure. 

If we'd kept McCormack up front all season and not signed Kodjia we would be staring at League 1 football next season. 

Love him or loathe him Kodjia will be fans and players' player of the season - and rightly so. 

you take the penalties off Kodjia it might have an adverse effect on the rest of his game. Let him decide whether he should take them or not. He's scoring goals that's the main thing.

9 minutes ago, PaulC said:

you take the penalties off Kodjia it might have an adverse effect on the rest of his game. Let him decide whether he should take them or not. He's scoring goals that's the main thing.

Missing nearly 30% of his pens this season suggests he should be taken off them, I'm sure he'll get over it. 

• Like 1

I would take it off him but fair play to the lad, the 2 he has missed he has went and made up for it by getting what was effectively the game winner in both games. Other players would have just hid

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would take it off him but fair play to the lad, the 2 he has missed he has went and made up for it by getting what was effectively the game winner in both games. Other players would have just hid

Yes it might piss him off and I don't want that to happen. He's the best thing we have. He might be 27 but he's still learning and potentially could be better for us than Benteke. He's quicker than Benteke for a start.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

Just now, PaulC said:

Yes it might piss him off and I don't want that to happen. He's the best thing we have. He might be 27 but he's still learning and potentially could be better for us than Benteke.

not a chance he will be better for us than Benteke. We be probably 30 by the time he gets to the top flight with us

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes it might piss him off and I don't want that to happen. He's the best thing we have. He might be 27 but he's still learning and potentially could be better for us than Benteke. He's quicker than Benteke for a start.

Sounds alot like yielding to player power wtf?

We should do what's best for the team, not worry about a handsomely paid premadonna (Which he would be if he did) throwing his toys out the pram.

WTF kinda thinking is this?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, PaulC said:

I can tell you now that there is a 0% of this happening. Kodjia won't be very good in the Premier League at all.

Â