Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

33 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I can tell you now that there is a 0% of this happening. Kodjia won't be very good in the Premier League at all.

What makes you think he wouldn't be very good in the Premier League? Out of all the players we have I think he'ss one of the few that could actually cut it due to the way he's quite unpredictable at times... 

16 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I can tell you now that there is a 0% of this happening. Kodjia won't be very good in the Premier League at all.

Actually, I think he will be about the same. Most of the goals he scores are absolute worldies, even his header on Tuesday night was an absolute cracker. That kind of ability translates. 

I reckon he's worth 10-15 goals a season in the PL. 

44 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What makes you think he wouldn't be very good in the Premier League? Out of all the players we have I think he'ss one of the few that could actually cut it due to the way he's quite unpredictable at times... 

No real awareness on the ball, his poor hold up play and decision making will get massively exposed at a higher level. I'd be surprised if he'd score 10 league goals. He's very good at this level but there's a massive difference between this pathetic standard and the premier league. Also, there's literally a galaxy between him and the Benteke who played for us, Benteke was a much more complete player/

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No real awareness on the ball, his poor hold up play and decision making will get massively exposed at a higher level. I'd be surprised if he'd score 10 league goals. He's very good at this level but there's a massive difference between this pathetic standard and the premier league. Also, there's literally a galaxy between him and the Benteke who played for us, Benteke was a much more complete player/

Yup, I wouldn't even remotely compare Benteke to JoKo, but I think he's a decent player and is a joy to watch. When he gets the ball you get the feeling he could make something happen out of nothing. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Yup, I wouldn't even remotely compare Benteke to JoKo, but I think he's a decent player and is a joy to watch. When he gets the ball you get the feeling he could make something happen out of nothing. 

No dispute from me that he's a good player at this level but I'm convinced this would not carry to Premier League level against much better defenders. 

50 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

No dispute from me that he's a good player at this level but I'm convinced this would not carry to Premier League level against much better defenders. 

I worry that a Premier League club will come in for him this summer and we'll loose him. At his age he isn't going to want to stick around another season at a level he has proved himself at.

Edited by PaulC

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I worry that a Premier League club will come in for him this summer and we'll loose him. At his age he isn't going to want to stick around another season at a level he has proved himself at.

That won't happen given how much we paid for him, no club will give us at least the fee we paid.

Unless he has some sort of clause that we have to release him for a set fee if we fail to get promoted it will take €15-20m for us to let him go.

He's not worth that kind of money and I doubt anyone will pay it.

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

So you don't someone will fork out 11/12 million. That's peanuts nowadays.

we paid near 15 million for him and cant see a Premier League team coming in with 20 million bid for him. It would more than likely be a lower half team anyway like a Burnley or a Hull who wont spend that cash on him

I like Kodjia, he has his flaws but for me he is our number 1 striker and should play through the middle in a 3. I think we waste him when we play him wide

• Like 1

19 hours ago, PaulC said:

So you don't someone will fork out 11/12 million. That's peanuts nowadays.

We paid more than that. So it's likely we will want a chunky mark up on what we paid. Do you really think a Premier League club would pay £16m-£20m for a 27 year old Championship striker who has fairly substantial flaws? His record at this level isn't 'amazing' enough to induce a Premier League club to pay that much money, it's not like he's scoring >30 league goals a season or anything. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

7 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We paid more than that. So it's likely we will want a chunky mark up on what we paid. Do you really think a Premier League club would pay £16m-£20m for a 27 year old Championship striker who has fairly substantial flaws? His record at this level isn't 'amazing' enough to induce a Premier League club to pay that much money, it's not like he's scoring >30 league goals a season or anything. 

Could easily be talking about Jamie Vardy.

Â