Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

On 04/06/2019 at 11:59, villa89 said:

Won't be good enough for the premier league, if we could get rid of him it would be great. 

I can't see it myself either tbh. I think since the injury he hasn't been the same player. I woudl consider selling if a decent offer came in. 

I don't think he will be good enough for pl level. 

Due to our lack of squad I would consider keeping him if we didn’t have a decent offer. I’d prefer keeping him with sending Davis on loan as the latter would need guaranteed game time, and he’s the one that I could see having PL potential from our current youngsters. I suppose we’ll two strikers, would keep Kodjia if thats the case, with offloading Hogan and loaning Davis till January.

Saying that I think Kodjia is the only player that could get us 4-5m.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Saying that I think Kodjia is the only player that could get us 4-5m.

I'd be shocked if we got that much for him. Most likely we'll either end up having to pay him off or let his contract run down. Very few championship clubs could afford his wages.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

For me, we keep him around. And surely he wants to stay and get some minutes in the PL under his belt. Couple of YT highlights and he could easily get himself a bumper payday at the end of his career. Whether we have an option on another year will be interesting. We need a squad. We don't need to be shipping out our best players in each position we need to upgrade and add to what we have.

The fact that Kodija is currently our best striker scares the hell out of me. But I see where you’re coming from. Maybe he might up his game and suprise a few people. Doubt it though. 

• Like 1

I would be looking to keep him - for me he has all the attributes to be a real top player - not saying he will be viewed this way once his playing days are over - but he defo had the potential 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure Kodjia has really dropped that much since the injury. It's more that DS prefers a lone striker, Tammy was on fire and Kodj didn't adapt well to the wide role.

As a centre forward I would still fancy him as injury cover or an option on the bench (e.g. use his hold-up play to defend a lead, or switch to a front 2 when chasing a game). His hold up play and finishing are very good IMO, which will be more important when we enjoy less possession and fewer chances.

See this video as an example of a good post-injury performance:

• Thanks 2

On 19/06/2019 at 19:15, KentVillan said:

I'm not sure Kodjia has really dropped that much since the injury. It's more that DS prefers a lone striker, Tammy was on fire and Kodj didn't adapt well to the wide role.

As a centre forward I would still fancy him as injury cover or an option on the bench (e.g. use his hold-up play to defend a lead, or switch to a front 2 when chasing a game). His hold up play and finishing are very good IMO, which will be more important when we enjoy less possession and fewer chances.

On par with any of his performances in 2016/17.,

On 20/06/2019 at 09:15, KentVillan said:

Can't add any more reactions for today, so have a comment. Top post. He can sure be an asset at times.

Â