Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Watching Afcon right now and Kodija showing what he can do when he tries.  

Maybe there’s hope!

He may just raise his game with the pressure on. That seems to be the way for him at International level. He is the IC'c main man.

4 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

He may just raise his game with the pressure on. That seems to be the way for him at International level. He is the IC'c main man.

I think Zaha is their man man tbh

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Goals to minutes ratio very respectable last season.

More than respectable.

I'd like to keep him around as an impact player. Might be selfish, but he really has a lot of talent.

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Think he'll surprise a few people next season.

Let's hope so, it will be a welcome surprise. He didn't really get much of an opportunity last season, and I doubt he will this season. However, he's a good option to have as your second striker if your main striker is injured or out of form. I'm not sure what Kodjia will think of that though. 

Edited by PompeyVillan

11 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Let's hope so, it will be a welcome surprise. He didn't really get much if an opportunity last season, and I doubt he will this season. However, he's a good option to have as your second striker if your main striker is injured or out of form. I'm not sure what Kodjia will think of that though. 

He seemed to be fine with it last season in the Championship. I'm sure getting a chance to play in the PL will soften the blow.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He seemed to be fine with it last season in the Championship. I'm sure getting a chance to play in the PL will soften the blow.

I hope so, a few years ago I felt he was easily good enough for a lower PL side. That's us now. He's a bit of a maverick, not as much of a team player as I think most coaches would want as their solo striker, but capable of pulling something extraordinary out of nothing. 

A good AfCoN for Kodjia is a massive bonus for us. 

I think Jonny boy can deffo step up to the Prem. It's not a matter of talent with him, it's application. I can see him thriving on the big stage next year as he will know it's now or never.

I really hope we keep him around because one thing is for certain he knows where the net is. He may be infuriating at times, a lazy and greedy b****** others, but he can Kodjia something out of nothing. In the Prem that it a very good trait to have when your not enjoying the possession of the ball that you are used to.  

I think we need someone like him. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

He has got ability there is no doubt 

Can be top drawer with some of the stuff he does but consistency is the thing...and he can be greedy

...i still love to watch him play though as he can make things happen and he can score goals

Hope he gets a chance with us in the PL 

Â