Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yep he 100% bottled it. 

Hourihane did a double take when he was shaking his head  

I've said before that i think Kodjia is a better wide option than Green or Adomah, but if he bottled it in a semi final it won't endear him with Smith when considering the team for the final. 

Through in the issue with his work rate and I'd be quite surprised to see him start.

5 hours ago, DCJonah said:

Yep he 100% bottled it. 

Hourihane did a double take when he was shaking his head  

I’d rather this though if he wasn’t confident than him taking it with doubts on his mind ... surely it is a tad unfair to criticise him for bottling it under the circumstance no ? He may have scored all of them in practise but given the atmosphere and importance of it if he doubted his ability in that situation he did the right thing in my eyes  by declining ...

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I’d rather this though if he wasn’t confident than him taking it with doubts on his mind ... surely it is a tad unfair to criticise him for bottling it under the circumstance no ? He may have scored all of them in practise but given the atmosphere and importance of it if he doubted his ability in that situation he did the right thing in my eyes  by declining ...

To some extent i can see that but i don't accept it and i'm someone who consistently defends kodjia on here. 

Its the easy way out and he is a £15 million striker. What if everyone doubted themselves and wanted out? We need players to step up in those moments. I could accept keinan davis turning it down but i'm very disappointed in kodjia.  

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If youre gonna moan about him bottling it then you have to praise Adomah for taking one

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

To some extent i can see that but i don't accept it and i'm someone who consistently defends kodjia on here. 

Its the easy way out and he is a £15 million striker. What if everyone doubted themselves and wanted out? We need players to step up in those moments. I could accept keinan davis turning it down but i'm very disappointed in kodjia.  

Thing is he was never a £15mill striker we stupidly over paid and I believe a lot of the criticism stems from that fact ... sure he is infuriating but IMO he was an £7-8 million player... anyways I doubt he will be here either way in the summer and the main thing is we went through ... 

Are we sure he bottled it? Penalty lists are usually decided before hand. Maybe he just wasnt on the list, or was the exchange if Tammy was not to be on the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Cant stop thinking about that dab. It's really tickled me. Why would you do that? He can't know the camera would see him.

Seen that at the time and thought what's he at. Can laugh and joke in the comfort of a bench seat but shakes the head when asked to take a penalty.

6 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Seen that at the time and thought what's he at. Can laugh and joke in the comfort of a bench seat but shakes the head when asked to take a penalty.

Unlike him though probably the best penalty taker at the club

14 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

You don't know that's what happened there. Also, who cares? The whole point of asking the question at all is that it simply isn't for some players. 

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Seems to be a lot of conclusions being drawn here, but not quite sure how strong the actual evidence is. 

Quite... 

3 hours ago, Lord Willard said:

You never know, Johnstone might of had the one up on Kodija when they used to practice penalties. 

I think more likely is kodjia's penalty style isn't suited for a penalty shoot out. Against Rotherham he rocketed it in to the top right. Playoffs you normally hit it low and hard. Maybe kodjia thought he would sky it.

Though the Johnstone point is very good. If you combined these 2 things it could really screw with you. 

9 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

I think more likely is kodjia's penalty style isn't suited for a penalty shoot out. Against Rotherham he rocketed it in to the top right. Playoffs you normally hit it low and hard. Maybe kodjia thought he would sky it.

Though the Johnstone point is very good. If you combined these 2 things it could really screw with you. 

Didnt know their were different styles of penalty for each competition. Sounds like bollox.

You need to do one thing, score!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Didnt know their were different styles of penalty for each competition. Sounds like bollox.

You need to do one thing, score!!

Not what I meant. If you watch penalty shootouts you see different styles. A lot of wingers and midfielders often do a stutter or some other trick that ends up screwing them over in a penalty shoot out for example nani. A lot of kodjias penalties seem to be high to a corner. That is inherently riskier than a low shot to the corner because it can go over as well as wide even if there is less chance of a save. In the flow of the match it might make more sense to go for top bins as the keeper is unlikely to save it. In a penalty shootout when the pressure is on you probably want fewer things to have the chance to go wrong so you take low shots. Adomah was the only player to shoot above waist height in the PS and he skied it. 

17 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I want him in from the off v Leeds.

Like having 10 with Green or Adomah.

Derby* 

Their full backs will not want to play against him.

I'm still laughing at that dab. Only him flopping at Wembley will ruin it for me I think.

Edited by Tomaszk
May not actually be a dab. It just looks a bit like one.

Â