Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

You thought he was greedy in the Championship, wait until he's under the bright lights of the premier league. It'll be attempted bicycle kicks and long rang punts every chance he gets!

It's that greed and a lack of work rate which mean he's a million miles off ticking the all important 'team player' box and that's why Deano won't start him. And as an impact sub it kind of compounds things, because he has limited time to make his mark on a game.

Sad thing is he's got it in his locker... he's got a calmness that allows him to spot the run of a team mate and he can play a lovely weighted ball. He also showed against Rotherham that he can run his bollocks off when he's up for it.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, GREAT_BEARD_OF_ZEUS said:

You thought he was greedy in the Championship, wait until he's under the bright lights of the premier league. It'll be attempted bicycle kicks and long rang punts every chance he gets!

This is a worry.

The fact Green, who has hardly been able to kick a ball for six months or so, came on ahead of him at Wembley speaks volumes.

7 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

when does deano get back from Portugal?

Surely no one? Would a player want a manager to fly out and meet them? Can only see that being a swing if it's a big name manager suddenly appearing and wooing you.

Man, I'd love it. Comes back with Bruno Fernandes and Joao Felix in a duffel bag.

---

FFS - absolutely read that as "who". Leaving it up for shame.

Edited by Tomaszk

11 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Birmingham Airport

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

By Plane.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

when Steve Bruce tells him his rented holiday home has a new arrival.....................John Terry.

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

This is a worry.

The fact Green, who has hardly been able to kick a ball for six months or so, came on ahead of him at Wembley speaks volumes.

Yeah, the volume it speaks is that Kodjia is a striker and Green is a winger.

Or are you advocating that we either took Abraham off or played 2 up front whilst defending a narrow lead?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Yeah, the volume it speaks is that Kodjia is a striker and Green is a winger.

Or are you advocating that we either took Abraham off or played 2 up front whilst defending a narrow lead?

No, no, only a moron would think of making that move in that scenario.

Kodjia out of position is still better than Green by a considerable margin. He's played on the wing plenty. He sat on the bench because he isn't trusted. That's bad for Villa.

If he put in consistent effort he'd have played every game in the great period from March to May. He's miles better than Adomah as well.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

No, no, only a moron would think of making that move in that scenario.

Kodjia out of position is still better than Green by a considerable margin. He's played on the wing plenty. He sat on the bench because he isn't trusted. That's bad for Villa.

If he put in consistent effort he'd have played every game in the great period from March to May. He's miles better than Adomah as well.

Well that doesn't really answer why Kodjia was in for Abraham for the 4 or so games that he missed (and he scored 3 goals in that mini run)

Just think Smith has Green higher up his list of wingers than Kodjia. Green in his natural position, good pace, tracks back, knows the position.

Kodjia would offer more of an attacking threat on the wing than Green, but if youre making a change to freshen things up and keep things tight then Green was the right call.

Think you're reading too much into that.

• Like 2

His Ivory Coast goal record is quite interesting, every goal has been the first in the game for Ivory Coast either to put them 1-0 or bring the game back to1-1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

His Ivory Coast goal record is quite interesting, every goal has been the first in the game for Ivory Coast either to put them 1-0 or bring the game back to1-1

An exceedingly good trait......trouble is they only ever score 1 don't they?

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

just picked up an "assist" in the African Nations Cup.

He has been credited with an assist but looked like he missed the ball

(skip to 9:00 mins on the vid)

... benefit of the doubt, maybe he meant to flick it on? 

I still have a feeling he's going to enjoy the PL when he gets a chance. I want another forward in, don't get me wrong. But I just have a funny feeling Kodj has a few goals in him and will rise to the occasion.

I'd still sell or trade him towards a championship player if possible, I'm not a fan of Kodjia anymore because of how lazy he gets on the pitch, it's not what we need.

I think the way he is unless he changes and tries to do more of what Tammy did last season, he's not going to score much in the premier. Championship is different he could get away with the lazy behaviour in some games it will cost the squad in the prem.

Edited by Dave-R
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

(skip to 9:00 mins on the vid)

... benefit of the doubt, maybe he meant to flick it on? 

My god.

watched the first 5 minutes of that ‘highlights’ video and couldn’t bear any more. 5 minutes of over hit passes and wild shooting, and an empty stadium.

makes the women’s game look good in comparison.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dave-R said:

I'd still sell or trade him towards a championship player if possible, I'm not a fan of Kodjia anymore because of how lazy he gets on the pitch, it's not what we need.

I think the way he is unless he changes and tries to do more of what Tammy did last season, he's not going to score much in the premier. Championship is different he could get away with the lazy behaviour in some games it will cost the squad in the prem.

Yeah, agree.

I actually believe he has enough talent as well as technical ability for the Premier League, although I don't believe he will ever be prolific on that stage.

His decision making is sub-par, even at championship level. Shame really, there's a good forward in there, I have little doubts about that.

• Like 1

Â