Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

16 minutes ago, TRO said:

I might be wrong.....but it would not surprise me , if he is better in the premier league than the championship.

I think you get more of a physical challenge in the championship....it might just suit him.

Looking at the highlights of his game above in the thread really reminds us what he is capable of on form.

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

I might be wrong.....but it would not surprise me , if he is better in the premier league than the championship.

I think you get more of a physical challenge in the championship....it might just suit him, in the prem.

You could be right, there are certain similarities with Alan mccinally 

• Haha 1

He scored 9 goals last season without having a consistent run up front. The chances we created last season I am sure he would have bagged 20 if he played most of the season up front. His skills are waning no doubt but not a bad option to have.

• Like 3

He could do well in the Premier League as an impact sub, defences in top flight are structured completely different than Championship and about 95% of strikers are predictable except the elite. Defenders know what players like Deeney, Shane Long, Lukaku etc are going to do and coached into them most of the week

They wont have a clue what Kodjia will do, he wont have a clue either which makes him a bit of a wild card

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I remember when he stepped aside as the star player and let JT take his number. He's more of a team player than people give him credit for. He might hold onto the ball a little too long but that's just a striker that backs himself.

He let JT take his number?

edit: Just Googled it. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I remember when he stepped aside as the star player and let JT take his number. He's more of a team player than people give him credit for. He might hold onto the ball a little too long but that's just a striker that backs himself.

In dont think anyone doubted his ability when he was at his peak, and the shirt number thing might of been nice, but he's lazy and that doesn't suit a one up top striker.

Sure he could score a goal or two given the chance, but he doesn't work hard enough for the team generally speaking in that lone up front type of role.

4 hours ago, Keyblade said:

And also he seemed to pass more and engage more in the play with others under Dean Smith, under Bruce he was more left on his own up front, understandable he wanted to keep the ball for himself the times he got hold of it.

• Like 2

On 23/06/2019 at 04:03, Keyblade said:

He also didn't kick up a fuss despite being in and out of the team, mostly out wide. He went from being the star of the team to being replaced by a young loanee in the space of a year.

We've heard Scott Hogan lamenting in the press multiple times about his lack of game time despite not doing anything to earn it but not a peep from Kodjia who electrified VP for an entire season.

Yet he seems to get this reputation as a bad apple or "lazy" or whatever which I find pretty unfair. He's eccentric yes, but he never struck me as anything other than professional.

Well either that, or Scott Hogan has just been interviewed and asked about it, and answered, when on loan moves?

• Like 1

Â