Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

A massive part of our Championship era and clearly well liked in the squad. I would definitely want him as an option off the bench in the prem, could even start against some of the lower sides.

• Like 2

He's not had much involvement lately, it's hard to see that increasing in the PL

He might fancy hanging around just to play even a bit part in the big league but I would have thought he would want to be playing more really. 

If he had Tammy’s work ethic, he’d make it in the Prem without question imo. 

The problem is he doesn’t (have much of a work ethic at all) and therefore - he won’t make it. 

Can see him joining one of the relegated teams from the Prem or another championship team looking for promotion. 

I’d like to see King Kodj in the Prem. I know he has his faults, but I think he could step up if he works on some elements of his game. Passing the ball occasionally would probably help, but once he’s mastered that... 

I think if he stills holds a good reputation in France and someone is willing to take his contract and throw a few million are way, that would be good business.

Love you Jimmy but I imagine our journey together ends here.

• Like 1

He had a great first season before the injury, but doesn't seem to have found his best since. Even at his best I think he was just short of being PL quality. Maybe he can do a job, but think if a reasonable offer comes in the club will probably sell.

• Like 1

like so many players....has some good attributes and some poor ones.

In the prem' players needs to be more rounded and consistent.....that's what we will be looking for.

• Like 1

I hope this summer he works on improving his decision making speed because he could improve massively as a player if he did.

Many times you watch him and if he just passed and moved instead of carrying the ball he would be so much more effective. I hope he does.

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

He is 30 years old this year, it isn't going to happen. He is what he is.

Spot on. We saw how a number of players we had written off, Elmo, Taylor, Whelan etc, improved their game quite dramatically towards the end of the season under good coaching. I just didn’t see that from Kodja. He can occasionally find a moment of magic, but the odd moment won’t cut it in the PL.

Everyone in the squad next year will have a good team and work ethic. Kodja doesn’t have either, he’s not a Smith type of player. 

Â