Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

I was really expecting him to address the soft bit in the middle.

seems too slow and lumbering.

we need a player like that but who gets about the place more.....more industry.

I've never understood the obsession with beards. Think he looks as ridiculous as any bloke with a beard.

Not sure how ppl put up with the itching either. 6/7 days of growth and I'm ready to kill someone due go the irritation.

Anyway..   oh yeah, he's shit.

• Like 1

That first goal. Jesus Christ. 

I don't get it. This is a guy who didn't look too out of place in the prem and palace fans were gutted to see him leave. Now he's another lescott. 

I was at Barnsley and the one thing I noticed is he absolutely loves to pass it to players who already have a man on them. Granted our movement is shit so it's rare any if our players are in space but on a number of occasions he passed it then got annoyed when they were dispossessed. 

Sick of having players who are just brainless.

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

I've never understood the obsession with beards. Think he looks as ridiculous as any bloke with a beard.

Not sure how ppl put up with the itching either. 6/7 days of growth and I'm ready to kill someone due go the irritation.

Actually it stops itching once it gets a bit longer :)

But yeah, he's shit.

3 hours ago, Woodytom said:

7 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Would still like to see him playing in a balanced side for a manager who has a clu what he is doing. I suspect he isn't as bad as he is being made to look or as this reaction suggests.

We can only go off what he's shown so far, and up to now he's been diabolical.  This year's Lescott.

I am really at a loss. He was an important figure with Palace, and plays quite well for Australia, I was excited to see Jedinak come to Villa. I even proclaimed on this thread that I held the slim hope that I could get him to sign my Villa shirt after the Australia vs Japan WCQ. After the diabolical impact he has had so far, I am feeling quite gutted. I am quite confident that he will come out  and play his socks off against Japan. I am hoping that he can turn it all around for Villa.

Otherwise, I don't know. :(

Wm commentary mentioned a few times that none of our players were taking responsibility and showing leadership. This is exactly what I thought we were getting. That's not the fault of the manager or the system. As each game goes by he does unfortunately look more and more like a Lescott. If things don't start to improve for us and him I can see him becoming a target for irate fans. 

So disappointed with Jedi... I really thought he would be a good signing and give us that steel in the middle we've been needing for years. I can't fault the club for signing him, I would've signed him too, but we need to get the best out of him. I think with another manager, perhaps we can find a system that suits him.

• Like 1

On 02/10/2016 at 10:50, TrentVilla said:

Would still like to see him playing in a balanced side for a manager who has a clu what he is doing. I suspect he isn't as bad as he is being made to look or as this reaction suggests.

It's his ability on the ball that is the most alarming - nothing to do with the manager, that.

Having him in a "balanced side" would likely mean he sits deepest of a central midfield trio and doesn't need to do anything other than protect.  Fine, but we're sacrificing attacking ability to accommodate that.

Â