Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

A few on here heavily criticized him before he even played and continued to. I have defended him and whilst I am a long way from giving up on him he has been more than disappointing so far and today he was utterly utterly woeful. 

It would be very typical of us however to sign a player who was at the heart and soul of a promoted side,  whose fans are gutted to see him leave,  for him to turn out for us as complete gash. 

Only we could achieve this,  we do it over and over again. 

Every single player in our team was crap first half, Kodjia the best of a bad bunch, but they all improved second half.

Im on the fence with Jedinak for another couple of games, I think he will come good.

Edited by GeordieVillan
  • Like 1

I'm as disappointed with him as any player for some time. I didn't expect him to be great but I expected him to be a rock.

He isn't, by a long way.

I think there may be something in the idea that our constant missing around with shape hasn't helped. And he actually plays, or attempts, a lot more forward passes than I recall at Palace - not really his game, but he has to because Westwood often doesn't. 

Like most of our signings though, we should be giving the guy some time.

Let's remember he played in a 4-3-3 at Palace.

McJedley....McCarthur, Jedinak, Ledley.

I don't think at his age playing in a two man midfield with a snail like Westwood is going to work.

Our present formation doesn't help a lot of our players imo....we should switch to 4-3-3 especially with Grealish out of the picture.

Jedinak and Elphick had the footballing 'yips' today. 

Literally lost confidence to the point they were struggling with ball control and simple passing. 

As they have been signed for their character as much as their ability, I'd expect them to  move on and Improve. 

This certainly wasn't the Jedinak the palace fans worshipped. He reminded me of Sanchez at times. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's as though his legs are made out of cement, on top of that he is the worst passer I've seen since Reo Coker. Putrid so far.

I am hoping that he is not 100% fit yet and that there is far more to come from him.

His passing was poor but what I will say to slightly defend him is that he is often going for the more risky pass and trying to play the ball forward and not going for the safe sideways and backwards passing.

Edited by markavfc40

I do hope this doesnt go the way of the westwood thread. Be a shame to have another one I never bother to read :) I for one was happy to accept he isnt Pirlo before we bought him. He is the least of our worries imo. Esecially in midfield. Even after a shocker yesterday I've got a bit more hope in the idea that Tish/Jedi might do us alright for a bit.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

There has to be a midfielder available on a free transfer we could get who would improve us?

Leon Osman?

Edited by jim
  • Like 2

Â