Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, jim said:

That cross at the end...

It was like slow motion watching him struggling to reach it eventhough the ball was just trickling along at 2mph amd then when he got to it, he just blasts it "have it" style as hard as he can. 

• Like 1

Feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle here, but I think he contributes a lot, also today. He is strong and wins a lot of the one on one battles and he is very good in the air, both defensively and in attack. He tries to spread the passes and drives us forward as well.

He had some awkward moments today, especially in the first half, but I would say that was partly because of the formation that confused some of the players.

For me he has delivered as expected so far. An inch or two on our side and his goal wouldn't have been offside, and I think the reactions would have been different. 

• Like 1

This is where our " yeah well they must have championship experience " shite gets us. When we should be asking, can they **** play football ??? Clubs with a fraction of our budget like reading and huddersfield are embarrassing us atm because seemingly they take time to scout talent, we would of got john swift if we wanted him, probably be surprised if our board knew he was available. We instead paid to much money for a lad who can't play football, it would appear.

Edited by Johnnyp
mistake

8 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle here, but I think he contributes a lot, also today. He is strong and wins a lot of the one on one battles and he is very good in the air, both defensively and in attack. He tries to spread the passes and drives us forward as well.

He had some awkward moments today, especially in the first half, but I would say that was partly because of the formation that confused some of the players.

For me he has delivered as expected so far. An inch or two on our side and his goal wouldn't have been offside, and I think the reactions would have been different. 

But he can't play football, clearly your eyes tell you that, c'mon.

Jedinak is being defended by a few purely because he's not Westwood. Wake up, whatever your view of Westwood is he has out performed Jedinak in every match so far. Jedinak has been atrocious game after game. That doesn't mean I'm writing him off, but his start has been woeful. His pass success rate must be embarrassing, he rarely tackles, runs slower than almost any player I've ever seen in a Villa shirt and, much like Elphick, only seems to get respect because he shouts so much.

I said it a few days back, I strongly suspect Jedinak is our new Lescott - sold at exactly the right time as he's finished as a footballer. Obviously he will have a better attitude but that isn't enough. It's a 'no choice' partnership of Westwood and Tshibola in midfield until at least Jan unless he improves drastically. 

Edited by jackbauer24
Wording
  • Like 1

Wow, where is this powerhouse, destroyer and controller of midfield that we hoped we'd signed?  Is he simply not fit or is he simply past his best?  Palace fans seemed gutted that he was moved on, but at present I'm failing to see the plus points?  

Â