Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Think Sanchez would have been better. He had mistakes in him, but he gave us that drive that we did not have from midfield in the first half. Much better when Tshibola came on second half, but we need to keep Tshibola fit and get another midfielder to replace Westwood.

Meireles, Osman, Sissoko, or even Sessegnon could be brought in to fill a part of the massive gap we have in midfield til' the window opens in January.

At this point we can't get anyone actually that good or match fit, but we need to add numbers, creativity, passing, intelligence, graft, positioning.... to our midfield.

If the loan market is closed, then these are the options we have, something must be done if we are to be in a shout of catching the teams chasing the play off spots.

The midfield we have now is a joke, even at Championship standard. Di Matteo messed up big not sorting this out.

As for Jedinak he is clearly not match fit. Long season, but so far he looks like another Lescott.

Hope he can get back to speed asap.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

I dont understand the match fitness argument. He was fit to play opening game for Palace and has had 4 games for Villa and Australia since

I was under the impression that he missed a big part of the pre season?

If he didn't and this is what we can expect from him then Palace just pulled a Lescott on us.

He looks way off the pace, slow in both action and mind

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm **** fed up of having central midfielders that seemingly "do not work in 2", what the **** is wrong with modern midfield players, so so limited.

Probably because not many teams play with two in the middle. So if we do.. they are out numbered.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm **** fed up of having central midfielders that seemingly "do not work in 2", what the **** is wrong with modern midfield players, so so limited.

Agreed - it makes sense... whilst it makes no sense.

50 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Players who aren't mobile don't work in a '2', regardless of the division you're in. Currently 3 of our 4 central midfielders aren't and the 4th one is injury prone. It severely limits RDM's options. I've no idea who and why thought these 4 would be sufficient. 

54 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Agreed. It's a huge unnecessary burden that massively limits our options. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

we never seem to have players who can fulfill a specific role, aside from being slow and passing side ways a lot.

Tish seems to be an exception though.

I'd argue otherwise and say we don't have enough managerial brains to use our players in formations that suit them - Sanchez being an obvious example.

• Like 1

If we'd have somehow managed to keep Gana, him and Tish could've bossed it as a 2.  You need that kind of energy otherwise (as has been said) opposing 3 man midfields will overrun you... Leicester had it last year and it freed them to play a 4-4-2 which won them the title and i feel it would have potentially done the same for us this year in the Championship.

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 13:38, AntrimBlack said:

Think Sanchez would have been better. He had mistakes in him, but he gave us that drive that we did not have from midfield in the first half. Much better when Tshibola came on second half, but we need to keep Tshibola fit and get another midfielder to replace Westwood.

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 13:17, tomsky_11 said:

Jedinak pass completion % the last 3 seasons with Palace - 71.6%, 66.6%, 71.9%

Carlos Sanchez's two seasons with us, for comparison - 80.6%, 83.1%

BTW, Jedinak is on 74% for us this season. So we might be seeing him passing better than normal.

Â