Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

6 games at a club sitting 18th in the Championship under a clueless manager. I'd give him a bit more before I judge that he's spent and just conned one final contract at the end of his career.

The worry is that it was a clueless manager who signed him! 

It's the fact he can't run—his legs seem to have gone. It's pretty important for a footballer even at our current level. The risk is that he's over-the-hill. 

Edited by praisedmambo

1 minute ago, praisedmambo said:

It's the fact he can't run—his legs seem to have gone. It's pretty important for a footballer even at our current level. 

Agreed, he seems ridiculously slow. I don't think I've ever seen a slower player before. But has he always been like that?

15 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Agreed, he seems ridiculously slow. I don't think I've ever seen a slower player before. But has he always been like that?

Hes never been quick.. but hes usually a bit sharper. Maybe his beard is weighing him down....

1 hour ago, KSV said:

Been poor vs Japan. But scored a penalty. Ice cool from the spot. He looked like a bit of pressure released once he buried it. Maybe it will give him a bit of confidence.

I took a great interest in his performance tonight, and I didn't consider it poor at all. He played his role very well, anchoring the midfield, playing extremely deep and dropping into the last defensive line when we were in possession to allow the fullbacks the freedom to bomb on down the wing knowing they had cover.

His penalty take shows his character. Stepping forward to take responsibility in what was a very tense game. Showed the composure needed to bury it. Played some good forward balls too, not all of them perfect.

For mine, he was our most effective midfielder. Hardly put a foot wrong. How many times did Huddersfield favourite Mooy cough up possession? Or Luongo show poor touch? Did Rogic show up at all?

The most interesting part? He played the role Sanchez does for his country. Is it any wonder he's struggling for us the way Sanchez did? Especially given RDM's "one man midfield" approach?

I care more about how he plays under our new manager than anything he's shown for us so far. I'm confident he'll do well.

• Like 3

I think he's just a bit low on fitness and form. Coming into a team low in confidence doesn't help.

I thought He was Australia's best midfielder tonight. Mooy, Luongo and Rogic were rubbish and Mile spent a lot of time cleaning up after them.

Bit of an anti  climax to report, but that was to be expected. I called out to him, I think he noticed me, as some nutcase who would turn up to an international match in a Villa shirt. He acknowledged the crowd, but I don't think he was up for any fan interaction.

On another note, I did get to shake Matty Ryan's hand. Despite the goal, he did make some great saves, and I thought he had a very good game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

How many games has he played for us?

Mental isn't it. 

It's black or white, shite or amazing. No in-between, no grey areas, no rationale. 

Played 6 games, hasn't been at his best. Might be a bit of fitness, might be form, might still be settling in and getting used to a new club/teammates, could be feeling the expectation a bit. 

Sensible thing would be to give him until Xmas at least and see how he goes. 

Nah, none of that, he's just shit. :bang:

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Mental isn't it. 

It's black or white, shite or amazing. No in-between, no grey areas, no rationale. 

Played 6 games, hasn't been at his best. Might be a bit of fitness, might be form, might still be settling in and getting used to a new club/teammates, could be feeling the expectation a bit. 

Sensible thing would be to give him until Xmas at least and see how he goes. 

Nah, none of that, he's just shit. :bang:

6 games? That's it? After 6 games he's written off?! Pathetic  from some fans really.

Just think if players who took time to settle like JPA or Petrov who took around 12 months each to come good, imagine if they signed for us these days? They'd be "this seasons Lescott". Absolutely barmy.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

I took a great interest in his performance tonight, and I didn't consider it poor at all. He played his role very well, anchoring the midfield, playing extremely deep and dropping into the last defensive line when we were in possession to allow the fullbacks the freedom to bomb on down the wing knowing they had cover.

His penalty take shows his character. Stepping forward to take responsibility in what was a very tense game. Showed the composure needed to bury it. Played some good forward balls too, not all of them perfect.

For mine, he was our most effective midfielder. Hardly put a foot wrong. How many times did Huddersfield favourite Mooy cough up possession? Or Luongo show poor touch? Did Rogic show up at all?

The most interesting part? He played the role Sanchez does for his country. Is it any wonder he's struggling for us the way Sanchez did? Especially given RDM's "one man midfield" approach?

I care more about how he plays under our new manager than anything he's shown for us so far. I'm confident he'll do well.

I think he got better as the game went on. He wasnt great in the first half. After his goal.. he seemed to get better.. ironically when Mooy went off he started spraying some passes around as well. Nice long ball at the end there too. I hope he can kick on now. 

Â