Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm **** fed up of having central midfielders that seemingly "do not work in 2", what the **** is wrong with modern midfield players, so so limited.

It's nothng to do with modern midfielders. 'Does not work in a two' is just code for 'shit'. I don't remember roy keane and paul scholes struggling too badly "in a two" and if you look at our players Tishbola looks good even with just one partner. The problem is that westwood, jedinak and gardner are all shit and two of them have to play to do the job of one decent player. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It's nothng to do with modern midfielders. 'Does not work in a two' is just code for 'shit'. I don't remember roy keane and paul scholes struggling too badly "in a two" and if you look at our players Tishbola looks good even with just one partner. The problem is that westwood, jedinak and gardner are all shit and two of them have to play to do the job of one decent player. 

Yeah and Leicester won the league last season with 2 in CM. Kante and Drinkwater. Tshibola looks more than capable, if Jedinak or Westwood can't partner him they shouldn't be a CM as you have to have some level of energy to play in there.

22 hours ago, villa89 said:

Giles & Bremner

Souness & Case

Thing is they have to BOTH be dominant for it to work.

Edited by TRO

5 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

I'd argue otherwise and say we don't have enough managerial brains to use our players in formations that suit them - Sanchez being an obvious example.

i agree about the lack of managerial brains but out of the current midfield can you name where each should be positioned and the role each is meant to play?

start with Westwood, the man that doesn't perform any specific midfield function well...

53 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think if we are going to play a three man centre midfield 

Jedinak - tish -grealish 

That has a great mix that will complement each other

was about to question that, then thought about it - one breaks up play, one moves the ball through defence and midfield - one retains possession and feeds the ball to the attack. Only query is, Grealish can't tackle or track back well and I think no matter how attacking a midfielder you are you have to do that. 

5 hours ago, AvfcTheObsession said:

Yeah and Leicester won the league last season with 2 in CM. Kante and Drinkwater. Tshibola looks more than capable, if Jedinak or Westwood can't partner him they shouldn't be a CM as you have to have some level of energy to play in there.

Albrighton was a major factor in their midfield strength, the ground he covered defensively was exceptional

11 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm **** fed up of having central midfielders that seemingly "do not work in 2", what the **** is wrong with modern midfield players, so so limited.

I dont get it, we are in a more modern fitness levels of players yet they cant play 2 in midfield. I could barely name 5 of them but box to box midfielders are dead which I think is bullshit.

about 10 years ago in a less fitter time every team had at least 1 of thme

• Like 1

17 hours ago, VillanousOne said:

was about to question that, then thought about it - one breaks up play, one moves the ball through defence and midfield - one retains possession and feeds the ball to the attack. Only query is, Grealish can't tackle or track back well and I think no matter how attacking a midfielder you are you have to do that. 

ditto

Â