Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

Probably needs its on thread now as RDM has confirmed his interest in him.

Aston Villa boss Roberto Di Matteo has confirmed his interest in Crystal Palace midfielder Mile Jedinak.

Di Matteo is eager to strengthen his squad after back-to-back defeats to Sheffield Wednesday and Luton at the start of the season and he has targeted Australia international Jedinak.

The Italian revealed at his press conference ahead of Saturday's home game against Rotherham that there had been contact with Palace but no more at this stage.

West Brom centre-back James Chester is also on Di Matteo's shopping list and Villa have had a bid in the region of £7m accepted by Albion, according to Sky sources.

However, Di Matteo insists that negotiations are ongoing and the Wales international is yet to have a medical and discuss personal terms so a move does not appear imminent.

Baggies boss Tony Pulis offered a different update at his press conference on Friday, though, as he revealed Chester had spoken to Villa on Thursday.

He also appeared to suggest the fee for the 27-year-old, who cost West Brom £8m when he moved from Hull City last summer, could be higher than £7m.

Pulis said: "James was talking to Villa yesterday. Great lad, great for us and great Euros. He wanted to play regular football, but the club made a profit of nearly £2m in a year.

"Good deal for James and for us, as long as we can reinvest. It just didn't work out and sometimes that's the way it is. We've shaken hands, it's a clean cut, and we move on."

Just click it

I would imagine this ones happening for him to confirm it. 

i have to be honest i don't know anything about him, wont take much to be better than our current cm though

I like him and he'd be great for us, but we'd still need one more central midfielder who'd have to be more mobile. A midfield duo of Jedinak - Westwood would be far too static even for the championship IMO 

Perhaps Tshibola can bring this, but I'm not convinced. 

2 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

I imagine this hasn't gone though yet because we wasted time bidding 17mil on that player who's name I can't be arsed to spell

You're allowed to try and bring in more than one player at once.

Jedinak would be a good addition. Never gets bossed in midfield. His passing comes in for criticism but ive seen worse. His positional play and anticipation of where the ball is going is also vastly underrated.

• Like 1

We are in desperate need of steel in midfield, Jedinak is perfect for us right now. Fits the bill to a tee, with the added bonus of Championship and promotion experience as well as being a leader and captain. Ticks every box, get him in stat!

• Like 1

In the last two games we have looked so lightweight in midfield that a little bit of nouse will go a long way. Don't know if it's just nerves with playing for his boyhood club but Gardner has looked incredibly edgy. Jedinak must be an upgrade, surely?!

Would have loved to have had him in on day one considering how quickly we got Elphick in but hey.

I've been expecting this signing all summer everyone no that. Will win the ball for us and motivate and inspire everyone else and make sure we're not a pushover in the middle of the park, now lets go get some other midfielders for him to pass to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

He has look of someone who has a beard for having a beard rather a beard for fashion reasons.

For this reason alone I'd like him here.

An honest un-ashamed beard.

What the heck does this mean? :lol:

7 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Confess I'm not really a Jedinak watcher/expert. Why do Palace want to lose him?

hes getting on a bit now.. 32.. they probably want to sign a younger better player. Has a frosty relationship with Pardew too. 

As an aussie.. i see quite a bit of him.. strong in midfield.. wins alot of headers.. good at set pieces.. passing is so so but will do a job in the championship. Good signing. Hopefully only a 2 year deal though

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Confess I'm not really a Jedinak watcher/expert. Why do Palace want to lose him?

Just turned 32 the other day. 1 year left on his contract. sell now or leaves on a free next year. Also they have a few midfielders on the books -  McArthur, Cabaye, Lee, Ledley, Mutch, Williams

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I know enough to know that he plays regularly and plays well too so yeah I'm a bit confused too as to why Palace are willing to sell him and why he is willing to come here? His age? They are bringing someone better in? Contract status? You'd think a few PL clubs would be interested?

Same with Chester but I guess if he really is a villa fan then it makes sense as to why he'd come here. But Jedinak? Im glad of it for sure as I think he's a good player but I don't see why he's coming?

Â