Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

McC is easily the most complete forward we have

A team player who gets very frustrated at his selfish head down me me me TEAM-mates

SB has had a difficult call to make

Kodjia's goals v McC's team play

Well the Kodjia's goal-thing has worked often enough to warrant that choice so far

Now that McC has a better fitness level the time is now right whilst Kodjia's away.

The disadvantage that McC has is that the players who will be playing infront of his football-brain driven style are

(drum role)

Gaby

or

Gestede

or

Kozak

I feel sorry for the guy

only Adomah & Grealish are clever enough to get him

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tinker said:

Ross and Jack could work, Ross could improve jack's movement off the ball with the type of coaching Ross gives Kodja. For me he has to start he's our most afective forward

Ross and Jack could definitely work. Whenever they have been on the pitch together they have linked up well. 

I would consider Kodjia on the left and Jack/Ross as a dynamic front two. Rather than the false 9, the double 10. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He should have started given it was against his old club and he scored the winner in the last game. 

Yes but its probably a fitness thing! We'll need him fully fit when Kodja goes

Edited by PaulC

Felt sorry for him not starting, as he had finally got his goal scoring touch back and played well against Burton. Was the obvious choice to replace Jack and showed how much of a good football brain he has. Hope he gets a run of games now, him and Jack will be I. The same wavelength to move teams around which is something we don't do enough.

18 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Ross and Jack could definitely work. Whenever they have been on the pitch together they have linked up well. 

I would consider Kodjia on the left and Jack/Ross as a dynamic front two. Rather than the false 9, the double 10. 

Fully agree.  Think we will see Grealish shine in Jan too.

They seem to be on the same wavelength.

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Shit player, would have missed anyway...:ph34r:

FB_IMG_1483150404352.jpg

I was sat in the Trinity Road and was focused on Kodjia bundling through, that I didn't notice how well positioned McCormack was! I saw RMc gesturing afterwards in frustration and this depicts exactly why. Sums up Kodjia perfectly, definitely has tunnel vision. 

RMc is constantly available, always in space and making the right decisions 95% of the time, he's being let down by his strike partners currently. He'd be close to double figures if he'd been laid in a couple of times.

He's a good player and gets himself in to good positions. Kodjia's has cost him 2 tap ins by being selfish. Then if he were on penalties as well, you're looking at McCormack having 7/8 goals and he's not even played that often. Easy to see why he's banged in goals for fun at this level, has to play more. Ideally with Grealish also in the side as they link up well.

On 12/20/2016 at 16:39, Richard said:

I flog him to anyone willing to hand over a couple of mill

so who is this King Midas who is going to keep writing off these players, Rich

you may not like him ......but this mentality has already helped to drive one owner in to disinterest.

We have to stop thinking that every player that we buy for decent money and doesn't work out is going to be fully amortised.

The thing is we have to try and get these new recruits right.

I know it was some time ago, but how many did Ron Saunders "write off"......They had to get it right and in the main they did.

......But the one thing they got right was every player they bought  "Worked Hard" and fitted Rons 110% work ethic( that some media took the p*** about), that was key.

Said this in the Bruce thread, but I think the high pressing game we like to play at the start of the games might be one of the reasons McCormack hasn't featured as much as expected.

I don't think he has the legs for it.

Could also be the reason he was against better judgement willing to give Gabby a try?

Â