Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

I think that because so few chances are created from midfield, we probably need and rely on someone who can create chances out of nothing, like Kodjia. 

If the team had some creativity and and few runners from midfield, then i think your probably looking for someone with a bit of guile up top that will bring others into play, like McCormack. 

I'm pretty sure that once Bruce builds a better, more balanced midfield that McCormack will become a permanent fixture in the side, with Kodjia becoming the direct, unpredictable impact sub. 

13 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think that because so few chances are created from midfield, we probably need and rely on someone who can create chances out of nothing, like Kodjia. 

If the team had some creativity and and few runners from midfield, then i think your probably looking for someone with a bit of guile up top that will bring others into play, like McCormack. 

I'm pretty sure that once Bruce builds a better, more balanced midfield that McCormack will become a permanent fixture in the side, with Kodjia becoming the direct, unpredictable impact sub. 

on the money

The idea or suggestion that "he doesnt fit in our system/how we play" is so wrong imho.

In possesion or in our attempts to attack, We have no SYSTEM. its just impro by chance.

We have the good fortune that

1) Jack can win a penalty

2) Jack Ayew and more often than not Kodjia cant do something special.

How is a player with so many good attributes suppose to be effective when all around him (in front, behind and both sides) have no cohesion?

Its the other way round

Our Non-System wouldnt suit anybody

we cant go a whole season 100% reliant on Dosis of individual magic

edit

well we could

but we'll be less certain of climbing the table

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, sne said:

Said this in the Bruce thread, but I think the high pressing game we like to play at the start of the games might be one of the reasons McCormack hasn't featured as much as expected.

I don't think he has the legs for it.

Could also be the reason he was against better judgement willing to give Gabby a try?

in Bruce 1st game he was the only player high pressing and he was giving verbals to his team mates who never bothered with it

24 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

A footballer playing in a team that doesn't football.

When has Bruce's teams ever played football? McCormack is just not fit for purpose he has to be played in a very precise way and few teams in this day and age will do that, you simply have to be more dynamic and have more to your game. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

31 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Pathetic signing, incredible waste of money.

Its absolutely ABSURD to blame him for all his performamces.

ALL of these good,players have come here only to transform into absolute shite?

Wake dafuq up everybody!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wake dafuq up everybody!

Agree with this.

He hasn't made an impact at all but no way would I write him off yet.

The service to him has been woeful. 

Get the midfield right and we may see the best of him 

43 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Wake dafuq up everybody!

He has been shite and has to take a lot of the blame for it. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

At the Cardiff game I sat so I could see McCormack quite well in the first half. I watched him quite closely as I had a bet on him scoring the first goal. I felt really sorry for him. Yes he was anonymous and didn't touch the ball much, but it was largly not his fault. At several times he made runs or bursts that split their backline and looked like it could create a chance, only to look back and see that our "midfield" either had lost the ball or just knocked it back to our defenders, if they even managed to touch the ball. Must have been so frustrating for him. Such a waste of talent. I can remember one cross that we put in during the first half, and McCormack was very near to scoring when one of their defenders managed to clear it with a sliding tackle just in fornt of him.

Must say that he did look a bit chubby though, not just compact or "the way he is bulit", but a bit like Gabby-chubby. Nevertheless it struck me how fast he is, one of his bursts (where he didn't get the ball) he just left his defender stranded who couldn't catch up with McCormack.

• Like 1

I think he has very good movement, just a pity we never have anybody with a brain in midfield to find his runs. Said it at the time it was a panic signing after we were beaten by Boro at home and was bought with no game plan in mind

dont really blame the lad just more poor management by RDM

• Like 2

Â