Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

We could have had two decent midfielders with the money we paid for this guy and the team would have been alot more balanced

What a waste

I'm pretty sure it wasn't either or .

RDM chose what he wanted he had the time and the money to get his pick. Obviously wouldn't have got everyone he wanted but certainly doubt very much he was given the option of buy mccormack or have 2 midfielders.

He looks like he just can't be too bothered. He's come into his big payday and that's that. Looks like he spends more time on contouring his eyebrows than on getting fit and improving his play.

We should've sold him and kept Gestede. 

Was against this from the start. Not that he isn't a good player, but 14 million for a a player about to turn 30 is utter madness. Not mention Ayew is more of no 10 striker like McCormack, the only reasoning I can imagine where this move made even a shred of sense is if they believe they would lose Ayew. Even then paying over 5 million more for an older player no better than what we already have it still didn't make sense to me.

• Like 1

As far as McCormack goes, I would just make sure he's on the pitch from the off every game. He's not ever going to be an impact sub, he needs to be on and his his favoured position. If he's here we may as well play him in a way he's been successful before and hope for the same results. 

Shoehorning all these attacking options into our side all season up till now hasn't worked and it'll continue not to work until the end of the season if Bruce doesn't learn this. So frustrating watching us fail to score against poor teams with Kodjia, Ayew and McCormack all on the pitch out of position so someone like Gabby can be played ineffectively through the middle

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's shit.

Shit players dont score the sheer amount of goals he has at this level.  

We are not playing him right and because of that he is suffering.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, striker said:

You won't get the best out of McCormack until Kodjia is played centrally or Villa buy a forward that makes runs off the shoulder of the defender.

Definitely. We need to play the 4-2-3-1 again with McCormack behind the striker. McCormack was actually doing pretty well under RDM and if I remember right, he hit about 3 or 4 posts which would have definitely helped his goal tally and probably saved RDM's job tbh. 

17 hours ago, striker said:

You won't get the best out of McCormack until Kodjia is played centrally or Villa buy a forward that makes runs off the shoulder of the defender.

Birmingham Mail linking him with a swap deal to Norwich for Robbie Brady - not sure how I feel about that one but if Bruce has another striker lined up it could be a goer.

Edited by Eastie

Â