Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, Mammoth10 said:

Not sure where you sit in the Holte but the number of retards in L7 that slate him is beyond belief, yes he's not reached his full potential (with us) but he's clearly got ability and as others have said is probably too clever (like Grealish) for many of his teammates, very good, mainly second half today; hope he can kick on from here.

K7 and the reactions are similar.

To be honest the guys who sit immediately to my left are genuinely ruining some games for me. They are unbelievably negative.

I mean fair enough, you can do what you want at a game. But they are so loud and so negative it really gets on my tits.

Today they spent the final 10 minutes just moaning and shouting about Gabby. I get it, nobody likes gabby and I agree he shouldn't be on the pitch. But we're winning. Cheer the **** up!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

K7 and the reactions are similar.

To be honest the guys who sit immediately to my left are genuinely ruining some games for me. They are unbelievably negative.

I mean fair enough, you can do what you want at a game. But they are so loud and so negative it really gets on my tits.

Today they spent the final 10 minutes just moaning and shouting about Gabby. I get it, nobody likes gabby and I agree he shouldn't be on the pitch. But we're winning. Cheer the **** up!

I'm in k7 and i agree, they were doing my nut it today. 

I can't believe why he doesn't start the games. He is such an intelligent player. Makes a lot of good runs, is often available, hardy ever gives the ball away and just contributes so much. In comparison, Grealish and Ayew tends to hold on to the ball for too long and doesn't really contribute to any good rythm in our play. It seems as if the other players just stands still and watches what they will do when they have the ball. McCormack on the other hand always seems to choose the right option. If Kodjia would have passed the ball he would have had two goals tonight. I would say that he is by far our best all round player. And evidently he scores a lot of goals if he is given the chance.

Bruce mentioned something about his fitness level after the last game, the way he ran in the second half it doesn't seem to be a problem, though Bruce of course know that best. Anyhow, a half fit McCormack contributes more than the others beeing 100%.

Edited by Keener window-cleaner
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

You can tell he has talent, we just need to find a way to fit him into the side if we want to keep him. The way we play right now doesn't work for him.

Grealish played as a second striker in the first half, would have been the perfect position for McCormack, as he showed in the second half. We should be building the team around him. Kodjia as the main striker and McCormack in a free role behind. The only worrying thing is that they don't seem to go very well together. I don't know how many times now I have seen McCormack make frustrated gestures and been screaming at Kodjia because he didn't pass - and quite rightly so.

• Like 1

He was also getting frustrated at Kodjia today for not going up for headers.

Ross went up for one and tried to flick it to Kodjia, and you could see him gesturing afterwards as if to say "Why am I the one going up for flick ons to you?!"

I thought he played very well when he came on. Some nice little flicks and also worked very hard down the channels. Got inside down the right hand side after stealing possession and played a great ball in that was tipped over by Green. Probably deserves some starts now over Ayew.

Once Ayew and Kodjia are off to AFCON, I'd like for us to try out McCormack and Gestede up top together (assuming we don't sell Gestede right away). I think McCormack could benefit from Gestede's ability to win aerial battles and get flick ons to him. Also, Gestede is a lot less selfish and 9/10 would pass the ball up for a teammate in a better scoring position, imo.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

Once Ayew and Kodjia are off to AFCON, I'd like for us to try out McCormack and Gestede up top together (assuming we don't sell Gestede right away). I think McCormack could benefit from Gestede's ability to win aerial battles and get flick ons to him. Also, Gestede is a lot less selfish and 9/10 would pass the ball up for a teammate in a better scoring position, imo.

Would be interesting to see. Given the way we lined up tonight and with Gestede off, I suspect it'll be a front two of Grealish and McCormack. That would be quite interesting as they having good footballing brains.

he played well when he came on. as mentioned in a strange way that Kodjia is probably our best striker I think a Gestede/McCormack partnership is our best attack going forward especially with Adomah/Grealish/Bacuna supplying them

I hope he gave Kodija an earful after the game. He seemed very frustrated with him.  It's not the first game I've seen RMC get frustrated with him either. We have talented player being let down by a greedy Kodija.

Big Rudy and RMC up front while Kodija is away. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LockStockVilla said:

Well, as Lambert would say, He'd give it a right good go!

• Like 1

Â